Paramore/NFG UK tour?

GibbyPhills

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ It's going to be Brixton let's face it. Damn I hate that venue so so much. I sometimes dont even go to see bands I really like if it's at Brixton. I wouldn't mind a band like Eisley supporting so it brings a bit of diversity to the tour but you are right, Eisley do suit a bar venue perfectly.

^ Ok where do I start? Yeah Brixton isn't the nicest of places in London but the venue is fairly close to the tube station so you're not really walking around the streets much. You queue for miles around this horrible housing estate and next to this skate park that come nigh time is filled with drug users. The venue it's self is a nightmare. It's so wide and deep that there is no atmosphere what so ever. It's allocated standing or seating so unlike the Astoria you can't choose where to watch from. The sound is just a shambles. The floor is sloped towards the stage which is good for short people but it really varies the sound depending on where you're standing. The stage is too wide even for Hayley conquer. Um they only serve Carling because that's who owns it. I have never actually been to a gig there that I have enjoyed. If any bands that I like play it I dont tend to go it's that bad.

I'm sure NFG and Paramore could put on a good time there given the style of music but I think it would dampen the occasion. The Forum or Sheperds Bush are a similar size and they are fairly good. Seen NFG at both of them and both times were amazing. The Astoria is the perfect venue for a tour like this but it's just not possible to be there is it?

The Forum would be awesome. Or Astoria again! Or maybe they'll do a small venue to treat us for all our dedication ;)

If only. I was saying to Hayley I may venture out to one of the other Euro dates if it's a full Euro as they seem to be playing smaller venues in the other countries. Would be classic.

You could tell them that France or even Germany is hardly abroad. Paris is probably easier to get to than somewhere like Manchester. I'm hoping they play Munich even though it's a bitch to get to. Lol I only had this idea yesterday now I am planning which city would be more pratical.