Does Hayleys Voice sound a little "Robot-Like" on the MTV Live Videos???

ironwolfuk

you are so wrong, Im far away from mainstream and that why I hate playback because it makes people doubt that they got talent and just do it for selling.

I know that they are good live and I know that Hayley can sing just like the records just watch the old acoustic sets they did.

I want a explanation what you meen with "auto-tuner"

chill out bro!

you are so fucking dumb its no magic button here, Hayley can really sing and it is impossible that it playback just look at the mouth. about the instrument is the sound improved because it wouldnt sound good at all in the television if the intrument wasnt playing right/got the right volume.

Take it that was directed at me, cause i used the magic button comment!

Thankyou, i appreciate your ignorance.

As i said before i didnt mean it in a neggative way, was just observing it. But hey, u r on the internet and i will never see you, so call me what u want :smile:

Glad to see it wast just me who noticed it, i agree with some of you above, i think it was a real time pitch corrector. Thought it was a shame, cause i dont think one was used on Conan, and they sounded great (and looked great in HD ;-) ), not that they didnt sound great on MTV but i thought they sounded better on Conan

We all know Hayley doesnt need one, i think it would have been mtvs doing, not the bands. And i am not picking at it, just saying i think i can hear one.. No need to be so defensive.

I am glad they got on MTV anyways, gives me a few more good videos to save in a safe place to look back on.

Take it that was directed at me, cause i used the magic button comment!

Thankyou, i appreciate your ignorance.

As i said before i didnt mean it in a neggative way, was just observing it. But hey, u r on the internet and i will never see you, so call me what u want :smile:

Glad to see it wast just me who noticed it, i agree with some of you above, i think it was a real time pitch corrector. Thought it was a shame, cause i dont think one was used on Conan, and they sounded great (and looked great in HD ;-) ), not that they didnt sound great on MTV but i thought they sounded better on Conan

We all know Hayley doesnt need one, i think it would have been mtvs doing, not the bands. And i am not picking at it, just saying i think i can hear one.. No need to be so defensive.

I am glad they got on MTV anyways, gives me a few more good videos to save in a safe place to look back on.

i'm sorry for the comment man, can you forgive me? I misunderstand it a little :P. I agree that it sound diffrent on Conan but I have heard rumour that she was sick there so the voice cracked a little.

Ok, first of all - all of you, please settle down. Be nice to each other - I don't like the nasty comments being hurled around between people - that's not what these boards are about...

Second of all, I wouldn't be at all surprised if MTV and/or FBR did some post-production work on the live recordings - that's very common when a performance isn't actually airing live and it serves to make the vocals more distinct, to seperate the mix on the instruments, etc. Especially with MTV, who knows if the band had any say in it or not? From all I've heard from people who were there, Hayley and the guys sounded amazing at that show, so any corrections that were made were absolutely very, very minor.

Anyone's who has seen them live knows they don't routinely use any of that stuff as part of their live shows...Hayley can absolutely sing every bit as well, if not better, live as she does on the records.

So, anything that's showing up here is just tv/video production stuff...and that's going to happen, especially when you're working with MTV.

And yeah, Hayley was sick when they were on Conan - having some voice issues - and also when they did the Live in Anaheim recording - she had just come off a week's worth of voice rest and treatment where they cancelled all their shows. But, the Live in Anaheim vocals are NOT over-dubbed...there may have been some post-production done (I don't know for sure), but those are the actual vocals from the show.

Ok, first of all - all of you, please settle down. Be nice to each other - I don't like the nasty comments being hurled around between people - that's not what these boards are about...

Second of all, I wouldn't be at all surprised if MTV and/or FBR did some post-production work on the live recordings - that's very common when a performance isn't actually airing live and it serves to make the vocals more distinct, to seperate the mix on the instruments, etc. Especially with MTV, who knows if the band had any say in it or not? From all I've heard from people who were there, Hayley and the guys sounded amazing at that show, so any corrections that were made were absolutely very, very minor.

Anyone's who has seen them live knows they don't routinely use any of that stuff as part of their live shows...Hayley can absolutely sing every bit as well, if not better, live as she does on the records.

So, anything that's showing up here is just tv/video production stuff...and that's going to happen, especially when you're working with MTV.

And yeah, Hayley was sick when they were on Conan - having some voice issues - and also when they did the Live in Anaheim recording - she had just come off a week's worth of voice rest and treatment where they cancelled all their shows. But, the Live in Anaheim vocals are NOT over-dubbed...there may have been some post-production done (I don't know for sure), but those are the actual vocals from the show.

Yeah the anaheim guitars sound too hot to be live..., vocals were untouched though. (I was at that show).

And what I meant by auto tune..

download this, you'll understand.

(Pressue @ Fearless)

http://www.paramorefans.com/videos/tv/Pressure%20live%20@%20Fearless%20usic.mp4

All the stuff from Anaheim is really clean because of the recording technology. I know that's been debated a lot because everybody is like "Oh it's just too good of a recording to be real...". That's one of the reasons HOB has blown up in the past few years, because they offer amazing services for recording live shows, and bands and labels are drawn to that. Obviously I can't say whether or not they were tweaked, but I just wanted to make sure nobody tried to pull that argument out.

The quality of the recording at any live show is rough to listen to. As these shows are very important for historical reasons they need to be heard correctly. Its a fact that Beyonce sings her grammy vocal BEFORE the show and dubs it in. I mean does anyone think she runs around and dances all over the stage and actually sings like that? IMPOSSIBLE. Does anyone think that U2 have no live keyboard tapes and vocals running live? wrong, they have tons!! Does anyone really think there is not post production in most TV shows? Of course there is. Its not neccessarily that bands cant pull it off, its really all about the environment they play in and the acoustics. Just watch Zac play any song, look fake to you??? NO WAY.

In this instance if you listen closely you will notice the drums are slamming as they do every night and Hayley might have some extremely minor post production, we all know she can sing live and has an amazing consistency rate. Its pretty amazing when you think of how active she is on stage. She s one of a few that can pull it off, Hayley is the real deal, make no mistake. As far as the band, they are tight, any work done there would be peripheral and minor to the sounds off the stage. I work with many bands, Breaking Benjamin, Red Jumpsuit, Chiodos, Hawhorne heights blah blah. As far as performance goes Hayleys bullseye rate is way up there in the scheme of tuning and attitude combined.

Fact is I mixed the show on the same console the record was made on. Thats why it has all the punch. As you can hear the arrangements were different for live, the video sinks up because this band is really playing.

They have spent years at their craft and also learned a iot in the studio when we recorded. They learned some dynamics, groove, and proficiency in consistency.Please do not take away all the hard work they have done in the studio and on their own time. This band is young, hungry and perfectionists. They really care what their audience thinks and only want to get better at what they do. Any extra work was all done was incidental minor increments. It still sounds exactly like paramore to me, Its just a more controlled version. I personally happen to like all versions of this band both raw and produced. Either way you get PARAMORE!

The key to the tight show was really a combination of their playing and what I do in post. They are also using a way better controlled stage environment.

I saw the band in Sayreville on Tues, they were really fantastic and that had nothing to do with trickery. or post production. We all know they deliver live or the tour would not be sold out would it?

Try not to forget that Paramore are perfectionsists in every sense of the word and would never try to do anythng that would comprimise their integrity. This was a very important show, one of historical significance, we were not going to be at the mercy of the club, the monitors or the acoustics in the room. The plan was to be the best they could and they delivered in fine form. It sinks up for a reason, because they played and sung it!!

These are the facts, thanks or reading this,

David Bendeth (producer/MIXER and believer in true greatnes)

• Like 1

The quality of the recording at any live show is rough to listen to. As these shows are very important for historical reasons they need to be heard correctly. Its a fact that Beyonce sings her grammy vocal BEFORE the show and dubs it in. I mean does anyone think she runs around and dances all over the stage and actually sings like that? IMPOSSIBLE. Does anyone think that U2 have no live keyboard tapes and vocals running live? wrong, they have tons!! Does anyone really think there is not post production in most TV shows? Of course there is. Its not neccessarily that bands cant pull it off, its really all about the environment they play in and the acoustics. Just watch Zac play any song, look fake to you??? NO WAY.

In this instance if you listen closely you will notice the drums are slamming as they do every night and Hayley might have some extremely minor post production, we all know she can sing live and has an amazing consistency rate. Its pretty amazing when you think of how active she is on stage. She s one of a few that can pull it off, Hayley is the real deal, make no mistake. As far as the band, they are tight, any work done there would be peripheral and minor to the sounds off the stage. I work with many bands, Breaking Benjamin, Red Jumpsuit, Chiodos, Hawhorne heights blah blah. As far as performance goes Hayleys bullseye rate is way up there in the scheme of tuning and attitude combined.

Fact is I mixed the show on the same console the record was made on. Thats why it has all the punch. As you can hear the arrangements were different for live, the video sinks up because this band is really playing.

They have spent years at their craft and also learned a iot in the studio when we recorded. They learned some dynamics, groove, and proficiency in consistency.Please do not take away all the hard work they have done in the studio and on their own time. This band is young, hungry and perfectionists. They really care what their audience thinks and only want to get better at what they do. Any extra work was all done was incidental minor increments. It still sounds exactly like paramore to me, Its just a more controlled version. I personally happen to like all versions of this band both raw and produced. Either way you get PARAMORE!

The key to the tight show was really a combination of their playing and what I do in post. They are also using a way better controlled stage environment.

I saw the band in Sayreville on Tues, they were really fantastic and that had nothing to do with trickery. or post production. We all know they deliver live or the tour would not be sold out would it?

Try not to forget that Paramore are perfectionsists in every sense of the word and would never try to do anythng that would comprimise their integrity. This was a very important show, one of historical significance, we were not going to be at the mercy of the club, the monitors or the acoustics in the room. The plan was to be the best they could and they delivered in fine form. It sinks up for a reason, because they played and sung it!!

really nice written, I think you are knowing what your talking about

Yeah the anaheim guitars sound too hot to be live..., vocals were untouched though. (I was at that show).

And what I meant by auto tune..

download this, you'll understand.

(Pressue @ Fearless)

http://www.paramorefans.com/videos/tv/Pressure%20live%20@%20Fearless%20usic.mp4

whoa just listened to that!! Sounds v.strange! Interesting listen.

imo i think they used some form of voice thing. But whats wrong? if it sounds good its fine to me, we all know hayley can sing anyways, so theres nothing to worry about ^^,

I will say however, if you watch the misery business vid, in the last "god does it feel so good" section , her voice goes from really low to really high "steal it all AWAY from you now." that didnt sound natural to me. Have a listen and see what you think

I LOVE THE MTV LIVE VIDEOS ANYWAYS!

Woah...

/bows

im not worthy david! It's awesome you're on the boards.. I hope one day I can get to a point where I'd be able to work with you!

:willy_nilly:

well put.

very well put.

Thanks David - I think this is the final word on this topic :)