Announcement: Big Locked threads to be deleted. Please read.

Locomotion

Im posting this here so more people can notice it.

We are planning to start deleting some of the big threads that have been locked, such as the old Spam threads what are you listening to, etc

this is mainly for a better forum performance, by reducing the size of our forum database we can offer a more reliable speed and performance from the forum, and in the future having a clean database will prevent forum crashes. If you are a member of avrilbandaids.com you will know about the forum slowness/crashing im talking about.

The downside of this is that theres a pretty good chance that the post counts will drop down. We really want to let you guys know before hand so you dont freak out or anything.

Either way we would like to know what you think about it.

i guess for the forum its a good thing :) dont know what to think about the post thing....i mean the carnations and stuff but you can always post again so thats not a big disaster

i guess for the forum its a good thing :) dont know what to think about the post thing....i mean the carnations and stuff but you can always post again so thats not a big disaster

exactly.

besides only threads in games and off topic are getting deleted, if you post in the other forums you dont have anything to worry about.

hahaha yeah but i guess a lot of us post in the off topic threads ;)

but its more important to have a good working forum then 1 that doesnt work at all and gets on everybodys nerves

yeah but still what is the use of asking what we think if they do it anyway .... now its done before people could talk about it ....i dont care about the numbers they will get back so thats not the problem but whats the use of putting them on here if they keep getting them down ... i guess after a while they will have to do it again and again ....

They said they were planning so i doubt they've deleted all the ones they are going to get rid of yet

And pretty much everyone here agreed so far...

Well it's more of a notice to let everyone know it's going to happen i would say

Seeing as the title does make it kinda clear haha

It's just a standard feature...so it's there

And if the threads are slowing down the board they need to be cleared

If that means sacrificing posts then so be it, no point making a fuss

All they do is get you an extra carnation, it's nothing big really