Announcement: Big Locked threads to be deleted. Please read.

Locomotion

hey sorry dude

well you have always been really nice to me martin soo if uw ant i can fix that for you XD

Haha nah don't worry about it...

Well you can if you really want haha

I'm not overly bothered really

But dude where have you been...or where have i been haha

i post quite in off topic and games so i'm not sure. i've never experienced many problems with the speed and performance of the forums so i don't think it's a good idea. great, i lost like 2500 posts, that took me ages to do, i kinda feel i've wasted time getting up to nearly 7200 now.

Yeah, I know this is definitely frustrating if you post a lot in off topic or the games forums...and no, it wasn't having a huge effect on the board's performance now...

However, the database size was starting to get really large and unwieldly and that can definitely lead to crashes down the road - Diego has a lot of experience with this from his work with Avrilbandaids. And while we're not that big yet, we keep getting larger.

I hate that we couldn't do this without affecting everyone's post counts, but at the same time, posts that you make in the main forums/about the band will NEVER be deleted...so your post count now just reflects how often you post about the band, their music, etc.

We could even potentially set it so Off Topic and Games posts don't count towards post counts...I don't know how everyone would feel about that and I don't want to discourage people from posting there...but at the same time, we're going to have to periodically clean those sections out to avoid our database just getting gigantic - and big databases crash a lot, which we definitely want to avoid...

If you want though, we can make adjustments to post count...I don't want to do this for hundreds of people, but I definitely want to make sure that people who it's important to feel like they weren't negatively impacted by this...so, PM myself or Diego or Ashley (or all 3 of us) if you'd like your post count reset - let us know what it was before and we'll work with it to get you back where you were.

i think if threads have been locked and they're not needed, it's okay to delete them, i just wish it didn't affect my post count which i've spend the past 9 months on.

Yeah, I definitely understand that. We tried to do it without affecting post counts, but it wouldn't work...

But yeah...it just seemed kind of silly to have a big chunk of our database taken up with threads that were locked and that no one was going back to read - at least, I don't think anyone was going back to the Spam thread from 2 years ago and reading through it haha :)

We could even potentially set it so Off Topic and Games posts don't count towards post counts...I don't know how everyone would feel about that and I don't want to discourage people from posting there...but at the same time, we're going to have to periodically clean those sections out to avoid our database just getting gigantic - and big databases crash a lot, which we definitely want to avoid...

Yeah iw as thinking about that brent, disabling post count in a certain forum could be a good option.

sorry to be the bad guy here wayne but its really just posts, still ok its understandable that you care, but try to at least understand why we did it.

You can always post more in the normal forum :)

Yeah - if you really want your previous post count back, just PM one of the admins and we can help...I can't guarantee it'll stay forever because if we ever rebuild the forums, it'll recount posts...but if you really want your old post count back, we can definitely help :)

• 3 weeks later...