The Receiving End of Sirens (TREOS)

u shine brighter

• 2 months later...

so why did this thread die?

i first found out about TREOS probably just shortly after i heard of paramore. i guess it was like the beginning of summer '06, because i had found out that Circa Survive was doing a tour and saw TREOS listed in the lineup, and checked out some of their stuff and really enjoyed it.

so then i found out they were putting out a new cd this past august, and i think i got it a couple weeks after it came out, but for some reason never really listened to it. technically i listened to it about once through, but i wasn't really paying attention to it.

so tonight i decided to FINALLY listen to it, and holy crap it's amazing. before i even put the cd on, i had gone to the page that for some reason is still up with the band members' comments on each song, and read about "The Salesman, The Husband, The Lover," and then was like "well then i have to see for myself what this is all about. and that song literally gave me chills, esp. since i went on songmeanings.net to look up all the lyrics - even though i have the booklet, it's just easier to do online.. i guess - and was reading along. and other people had commented on the lyrics saying they got chills listening to it. i'm pretty sure that's gotta be a testament to how amazing they are.

the crazy thing is how different it sounds from the stuff i had from Between the Heart and the Synapse, and i wonder how that would have turned out had Casey still been in the band. but he's got The Dear Hunter (whose cds i NEED to get ASAP) now, and that seems pretty great.

• 6 months later...
They did? Damn. :S Then I guess that was a long time ago, what's the guitarists' name? He used to improvise with my friend Guy some time ago, thought they still did, didn't know they split; sucks.

yeah they broke up pretty much right after i finally decided to give em a listen. I loved what i heard and then i seen they were about to break up. I was pissed. lol

• 1 year later...