Singers?

DearDestruction

^Good luck! And believing in yourself definitely has a lot to do with it. My vocal coach always tells me if you're thinking "Oh man I sound like shit..." then it WILL sound like shit. As long as you're brave and confident, you will be fine! I'm planning on trying out for American Idol eventually, I don't want to be the next Kelly Clarkson, I just figure why not try out, only good things could come from it, you know? It never hurts to give it a whirl.

I sing a lot. Never had a vocal coach or anything. Well i guess you could say i have had but not officially. When i started music GCSE a group of four of us chose singing as our 'instument' (because even tho i play guitar and can do some simple bass, drums and piano i just felt that i'd be okay singing) and my friend Jade was trained as a singer from age 3 so her and my music teacher gave us tips for getting the best from our voices. After 2 years it was at a point where we were all singing solo and taking our voices to new levels. I'm so glad i had these people cos now i have so much confidence in myself and in my voice. So much that i've applied for next year's X-Factor (UK equivalent of American Idol).

Haha, wow. :D

Good luck with that Hannah. I shall keep an eye out for you on TV. :P

Same here. After 2 weeks everything had changed, it was incredible.

And was it cheap_perfume who said they might take lessons with Brett (Hayley's coach)? My voice teacher is actually friends with him, because she's an SLS instructor so they know each other through that. I'm hoping either this summer or next year to get down to Nashville and do the workshop he does where he gives you lessons & you have dinner with him and get his dvds and all that jazz.

heheh... so you decided to find an sls instructor. yay for u! =p

I've been with a 4star sls instructor for a little over half a year.. it's more therapeutic than anything, stress relieving.

Alright I decided to make this thread to all the singers out there. Anyone else love to sing? If so do you take vocal lessons, or in a band?

I'm currently in a band. I'm the lead singer and I play piano.

The band was formed this summer of 2007.

Here's our band Myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/musicislife8164

(We currently don't have a name yet. But if any of you guys have any awesome band names and want to share them with me, I'd be more than happy to hear them.)

:)

WOW!!! you're really AWESOME!!!!!!

Shauna I love your voice!!

I sing, went to stage school when I was younger blah blah lol but Im not stuck up and all lovey dovey, quite the opposite, shy etc haha. Also did a lot of choir work pro and non pro from the age of 12 which for me I think was invaluable experience. I got my licence in musical theatre when I was 20 and then I moved to Madrid and had the most amazing singing teacher who works with people from Il Divo or other top Spanish performers so I was so happy she taught me. But...I left and now dont have a teacher or anything which feels odd. I miss singing lessons.

Anyway, mainly classically trained with musical theatre and I do try pop and rock but I dont think it´s all for me vocally. I always wanted to be in a band but I dont know...

Good luck to all of you though with your music projects, whether it be GCSE, bands, exams etc.

Alright I decided to make this thread to all the singers out there. Anyone else love to sing? If so do you take vocal lessons, or in a band?

I'm currently in a band. I'm the lead singer and I play piano.

The band was formed this summer of 2007.

Here's our band Myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/musicislife8164

(We currently don't have a name yet. But if any of you guys have any awesome band names and want to share them with me, I'd be more than happy to hear them.)

:)

your voice sounds almost EXACTLY like Amy Lee

Shauna I love your voice!!

WOW!!! you're really AWESOME!!!!!!

your voice sounds almost EXACTLY like Amy Lee

Aww thanks you guys. :) We've been coming up with more songs, some are recorded but we need to lay down more tracks in them. I really want to share them with everyone, but recording and getting them copyrighted takes a little time.

IHeartEvan- It would be really cool to hear some of your guys songs.

Aww thanks you guys. :) We've been coming up with more songs, some are recorded but we need to lay down more tracks in them. I really want to share them with everyone, but recording and getting them copyrighted takes a little time.

IHeartEvan- It would be really cool to hear some of your guys songs.

8-) Ok, we have to record our best one first...It's called 'Open Book' So far it's only in acoustic, it's so sad...

But I will try to get it on my phone and then on here ^_^

i luvv to sing. i want a band. lol.

i could never ever b a solo artist or anything.

does any one take sls voice lessons and are they worth it?

but my voice is pretty good. just i need to take it further and get it stronger.

Very much so, find a 4star + instructor in your area here.

http://db.speechlevelsinging.com/clist/search.cfm

We put up another song on my band's profile. It's called My mistake. It's only a two minute demo. You guys can check it out if you want to. Let me know what you think...

Oh and our band's name is Ashwood in case any of you guys were wondering. We finally got a band name! It took us forever, but we have one now.

www.myspace.com/musicislife8164

***The song doesn't include the whole band. We have some other songs recorded with the band, but we need to work on them still, and we still have to add the drumming. It's been difficult recently because of the holidays. We hope to get some full band songs up. The next songs we add will defiantly be more rockier and more heavy, instead of the slow one's that are up right now.

We put up another song on my band's profile. It's called My mistake. It's only a two minute demo. You guys can check it out if you want to. Let me know what you think...

Oh and our band's name is Ashwood in case any of you guys were wondering. We finally got a band name! It took us forever, but we have one now.

www.myspace.com/musicislife8164

***The song doesn't include the whole band. We have some other songs recorded with the band, but we need to work on them still, and we still have to add the drumming. It's been difficult recently because of the holidays. We hope to get some full band songs up. The next songs we add will defiantly be more rockier and more heavy, instead of the slow one's that are up right now.

u guys are prettyyy goood.

just a thought but a good name for ur band would b ur user name dearDestruction.

i think it sounds kewl. lol