• Judaism
    • Atheist
    • Agnostic
    • Other

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errr I heard Paramore were all Southern Baptists or something...so isn't that a 'named' religion? :P

Someone asked them in one of their interviews recently and she replied something like 'When we were growing up our parents took us to a Baptist church, but I didn't like it because it was so restricted. It didn't feel like anyone in there had any faith in god and they were just scared. I don't call myself Baptist anymore. I know Jesus died on the cross for me, and I have faith in God, but it doesn't have a name. I don't know.'

^ not even my mother can sit through church without being bored out of her mind. they need to start changing with the times!

My mum loves it, ahhh!

That church sounds way better Erica

sucks that the oldies don't like him though

they're too.. narrow minded I think

I call myself a christian, but really, i don't like to put myself under a religion. I believe that religion is fake, and what you need is a relationship with God.

I believe God was always here, made the heavens and the earth.

and I believe that God took the form of man and came to earth as Jesus Christ, then died on the cross so that we could be forgiven of our sins and go to heaven.

I also believe that you can't go to heaven just by being a good person.

In the bible, I dont know where, but Jesus said. "No one can come to the Father except through me."

Meaning, you can't go to heaven by helping poor people etc. (by no means am i saying not help people in need) but you get to heaven by asking Jesus Christ to come into your heart, forgive you of your sins and be your personal Lord and Savior.

But once you do that, you are not saved forever, and it is possible to walk away from God, some people think, that once they are saved, they will always be saved, but thats not the case. you need to work on your relationship with God, by praying and reading your Bible, and talking to him(as in prayer).

In fact it says in the Bible, "That God will spit the lukewarm from his mouth."

Which means God respects you more if you never accept him into your heart, then he does if you ask him to be your Lord and savior, then stray away from him and go back into sin.

I also believe that one day, Jesus wil come back, and take everyone who has a personal relationship with him, and followed him, back to heaven.

Now of course if you have asked him into your heart, but you have strayed away from him, you can always come back, he is waiting with open arms :D

so anyways, this is what I, myself believe and if any of you guys want to know more, just PM me and I would be happy to talk to you, of course I dont know everything but I will try my best to answer your questions.

have you heard of my religion?

it's called the church of hot addiction.

:P

haha sorry. listening to cobra starship.

anyways. i'm a baptist christian.

but i have a question.

what's the difference between athiest and agnostic?

^^ I AM IN THE CHURCH OF HOTT ADDICTION!!!

haha

haha thats my church too.

Agnostic - Acceptance that there might be a God. You're "not sure" whether to turn to faith or not.

Atheist - Complete denial and disbelief of God. A lot of atheists I've seen or met have been really mean about Christianity, and that fkn bugs me. They generalize quite a bit...it's unfair. But ah well.

• 1 month later...

I'm Christian, was raised that way and went to a Church of england school for 7 years. I've been going through a bit of an agnostic phase for the past few years, basically just after my eyes were opened to other peoples' views, but i do still consider myself to be Christian and i definitely believe that God exists and that He is the one controlling my destiny, since He has blessed me with my personality traits/talents etc. also a strong believer in karma :hug: