New LJ 27/01

megazord

paramoresecrets was an LJ community where people would anonymously post secrets about paramore - you know, like postsecret (http://www.postsecret.com), only they were all about the band. anyways, some people crossed the line and started posting secrets about their families and stuff, and when hayley saw them she got kind of upset.

i personally liked paramoresecrets, i just hate that some people had to ruin it by going too far. but it was fun while it lasted, i guess. :/

it had been around for a while..i always thought it was pretty lame. some people were seriously weird, saying things how they would lurk hayley's old myspace everyday and plan ways that they could be best friends forever and just really weird shit. the thing that tipped hayley over the edge was that somebody said hayley uses auto-tuning at shows which we all know is a lie. i guess when the owner of the community saw how out of hand it was getting she/he decided it was best to shut it down.

ooh that sucks, people are just wierd :/

and thanks maddie! C:

ediT:

may i ask what auto-tuning is??

it perfects the pitch of your voice or something, idk.

from what i understand it's just used to make you sound better.

hayley only used it once, during the MTV Live performance, but it wasn't by choice. the people that broadcast the show made her do it.

i don't get how you use that live, but whatever.

anyways, someone posted a secret saying that she uses it during ALL the shows, and hayley commented to defend herself. everybody got all worked up that she actually read the secrets sometimes, and so the community was deleted.

apparently it's back up now, but they're making new rules so that nobody can post secrets about their families anymore. i guess we'll see how that works out.

it perfects the pitch of your voice or something, idk.

from what i understand it's just used to make you sound better.

hayley only used it once, during the MTV Live performance, but it wasn't by choice. the people that broadcast the show made her do it.

i don't get how you use that live, but whatever.

anyways, someone posted a secret saying that she uses it during ALL the shows, and hayley commented to defend herself. everybody got all worked up that she actually read the secrets sometimes, and so the community was deleted.

apparently it's back up now, but they're making new rules so that nobody can post secrets about their families anymore. i guess we'll see how that works out.

oh okay, gotcha! thanks :)

i think you guys might be taking it too seriously

i think it's just meant for fun

most people on there knows that the "secrets" are not true

it's just something for a good laugh once in a while

Ugh, it crossed the line. This last post must have been the final straw. But I know there had been at least one secret about their personal lives in every single post. That's taking it too far.

MusicSecret was a GREAT community, and after just being trashed with spam they shut down and all these individual band comms popped up, and while it's a good concept, most of the stuff that is posted is trash.