VersaEmerge

PlzSpeakSoftly

If he just wasn't up to playing the new stuff they were writing, and he decided he wanted to leave, it'd be one thing, but to just tell him, "Our band is changing, and we don't think you fit in. We don't want you to be in our band anymore"? Something sketchy is going on here. He's a great drummer, and I know he plays more than just rock, so that shouldn't be a problem. :/

I'm bummed. I met him at Warped this summer, and he's a really nice kid. :(

Ant just tweeted this;

"I'm No longer in versaemerge. Thanks for all your support. I am currently a drummer for hire. Thanks everyone. <3"

@antVE It is not a joke. The band is changing and I didn't change with them and they don't want me to play with them anymore. I don't fit anymore.

antVE"A bag of clothes, my drumset and 100 dollars. Those are the only things I own. No car, and I'm living with my gf. Wtf do I do now lol"

@antVE Thank you all so much for support. I was kicked out for bullshit imo. Idk what they will tell you all but don't believe everything u hear

His own tone's gone from somewhat accepting to incredibly grudging. There's two sides to every story.

He just tweeted this as well:

antVE: And I mean that last tweet in the most respectful way possible. Not saying they're liars I'm saying I'm unsure as to y this happened.

I know there are two sides to every story, but the fact that Sierra and Blake are at a concert right now and hanging out in the city having a grand ol' time is a little weird. And I know I'd be pretty pissed if I were him.

^ You can change your name really easily.

he did post earlier today

@antVE Excited to finally see @blakeve and @sierrave in union square in nyc today. They are doing a free acoustic set.

Reading that and then reading his post about being kicked out broke my heart. He sounded pretty excited to see them, since they've pretty much been everywhere recording demos lately without him.

So, can you change twitter usernames or do you have to re-register?
you can change your name

^ You can change your name really easily.

Reading that and then reading his post about being kicked out broke my heart. He sounded pretty excited to see them, since they've pretty much been everywhere recording demos lately without him.

yeah it seems like he went there to see them and they were like "sorry you cant be in the band anymore"

but idk if thats the case but right now thats what it seems like happened... to me

Why is he posting all this stuff on twitter? I think those types of internal problems in the band should stay personal until the whole band wants to speak up..

But sometimes the whole band doesn't want to speak up for whatever reason.

I just think he was shocked and needed to tell someone.

^ If he was thinking about leaving and was tweeting about it being bull crap, that'd be one thing, but they kicked him out. There's nothing left to ruin or cause drama about. It's done. :(

You're right. But this whole thing makes no sense. I don't think they'd just kick him out for no reason. I need to hear from the others.

VersaEmerge is the most promising band I've heard in a very long time (harmonic cascades in rock music? That's a first...) and I hope they will pull through. Right now you can read the situation in so many ways that I'll just wait until the band says something before I'll draw any conclusions.