Protest The Hero

the1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Cos this band is awesome and this thread is before my time here, epic holy batman bump.

One of the most talented bands around IMO, ridiculously tight musicianship and no matter how technical as fuck it gets they have the ability to balance it out with melodic hooks that suck you in.

I posted this on the hayley duet thread...watch the youtube clip too. priceless... i freaking love rody walker.

ill say it now as ive said it a million times...hayley with rody walker from protest the hero.

these two are probably my two favorite bands of the last 5 years. so i was excited to see this thread lol. and ive hung out with both bands a few times. rody is like the funniest guy in the world.

892884221_l.jpg

hayley.

l_c9700033b3a4a60096afa334dc40729d.jpg

rody.

^^ Both really awesome pictures. I want to meet Rody so badly, he seems like a fucking awesome guy.

Also yeah James, in the chance somehow in the last year you haven't got around to hear ACUOS, it's basically a post hardcore album with a bit of metalcore in there and doesn't really go into the progressive technical metal thing that Kezia and Fortress do.

The band has become a solid favourite of mine over the past couple of months. Rody is one hell of a frontman AND a really good singer, and the musicians are all amazing. I love the band. :willy_nilly:

Also, I'm seeing them live next weekend. :hyper:

It's ridiculous how tight they are live, watching youtube vids of them seems to reveal that. I have nothing but major respect for bands that work their ass off and keep their chops at the best level possible, discipline FTW.

Rody is probably one of my top 10 vocalists now. Going from awesome clean vocals, death growls and hardcore screams all in one song when he wants to with aplomb is just incredible.

And damn you, DAMN YOU TO HELL FOR BEING ABLE TO SEE THEM LIVE NEXT WEEKEND.

I expect a review of the gig and if possible, pictures.

Also would like to know what gear they are rocking when you catch them live. I'm especially interested in their backline rig (in terms of amps and stuff)

I've seen pics/videos of Luke Hoskin rocking an Ibanez S5470 Prestige, A.K.A the Ibanez guitar with the sustain issues. Apparently they play super nice given the Wizard I neck (hell, I've got a Wizard I neck on my 7 string, it's super easy to play), but the sustain issues was enough to make me not want one.

Seen vids of Tim Millar rocking an ESP Viper, anyone have any idea what exactly model though? I couldn't really tell from the videos.

Arif Mirabdolbaghi might be still rocking his green Spector bass (of which exact model, I don't know). Spector make some badass bass guitars.

They have a DVD coming out next month.

I creamed myself when I found out about it last month.

i wanted to quote everyone, but forgot how...

k, yea have been in love with hayley since 05...and when that picture happened, i thought i was shitting myself. just putting my arm around her, and getting a hug the first time, you get that like head rush thing where you almost fall over lmao...happened everytime i met her =]

luke and tim are both insane...so is arif, and mo has gotten so effing good from kezia to fortress. i actually hung out with tim in their tour van when they toured with adtr, dwears and silverstein. we ate cake and talked about south park and between the buried and me. it was rad...

rody, i hung with him that day in the picture for like an hour. hes basically just like me. acts like such a crazy person and we just made fun of everyone while he smoked cigarettes constantly. hes so effing cool tho. the night i was in there van tho he showed up all drunk and was like about to start the van and drive off haha, it was kinda scary...and then mo showed up and saw cake all over the place and he got all mad. kind of a party pooper but oh well haha.

ive seen them three times and it was pretty awesome everytime. the only problem is, they do not play the songs i love ever. ive never seen turn soonest to the sea, divine suicide of k, heretics and killers, or see who mars the skin of gods. obviously by me saying that, i am very much partial to kezia much like i am more partial to awkif. i hate that they dont play those songs live, since they are so effing good, but i still love seeing them and im really excited for the live album/dvd.

i love kezia more, basically because its sucha good story and so creative. plus it was the first i had heard of them. even though paramore gained more talent with riot, i loved awkif more just cuz. cant explain it ya know? anyways, love both bands...would love to see them do a duet. considering i think they are two of the most talented vocalists today. uggg love em both! haha

I prefer Fortress cos it makes me feel like an Egyptian...

BTW check out Closure In Moscow if you like PTH.

And I prefer AWKIF cos it's just plain better than RIOT

Makes you feel like an Egyptian? LOL.

Must be all those phrygian dominant mode riffs like the one at the start of "The Dissentience" making you feel that way ; )

I expect a review of the gig and if possible, pictures.

Also would like to know what gear they are rocking when you catch them live. I'm especially interested in their backline rig (in terms of amps and stuff)

No way I was going to pay that much attention to their gig :lol: It was part of a little local festival, and they performed around midnight, so I was kind of "loosening up" at that point. The outdoor stage that they played on took away some of the atmosphere, but it looked like they were enjoying it, and Rody was definitely the best showman of the night! PTH weren't the best overall experience of the night (there was a br00tal wall of death during the local band Sotajumala), but if I'm soaked in my own blood and someone else's beer at the end of the last band, it's a good night.

No rig report, fucker.

So loosening up involved what exactly? Feeling the atmosphere or having been intoxicated at that point or both?

I think I'll blame it on the intoxication for now. And nope, I didn't take a look at their gear :shifty: Except that Tim played his guitar with a beer bottle during...dunno, it was probably Goddess Gagged.

I can walk across water, I can be in Finland to hunt your ass down any time bitch. WTF, seriously, your a guitarist who plays all goddamn day long and you didn't look at the backline rig, I just don't get it, seriously.

You'll loose me in the forest, or lose me?

Also, HOLY FUCK THE NEW PTH DVD IS COMING OUT THIS MONTH.

So you must celebrate by creaming yourself. Even if you don't like the band, cream yourself anyway cos it feels great to do so.

And if you're a girl, well find some way to cream yourself somehow.