Opinions after a year...

the1

I know it is probably hard for the fans that have been with paramore since the begining to get into riot as much as they did awkif because the cds are very different and they want another cd like the first one, they want the same band that they fell in love with.

i dont want that at all, i hate it when bands make the same cd twice, if bands don't change from one record to another then they become boring. So even though I like awkif better i dont want another one. I'm glad the sound is different i just hope the sound on each record will always be different in some respect.

lol yeah. the vague parts i was responding to something another member said about emergency. like they said that they would have never known it was about her parents or something until she said it? yeah i thought hayley wrote it like that so more people could relate to it. do you get what i'm saying?

oh i see lol. sorry for the misunderstanding

two corrections, all time low isnt an FBR band

and FBR does have one amazing-thank-god-theyre-not-famous-band known as The Hush Sound.

but i do agree with somethings you said.

this debate is geting real old really fast

I quite aware that ATL are on Hopeless thankyou very much:mad:

My point was that they are a pop band that has some respectibility, unlike most of FBR's shit

there are tons of great bands on FBR that arent like CIWWAF or cobra or fob and such, that have respectable reputations

-jimmy eat world

-lifetime

-punchline

-the hush sound

-the cab

-less than jake

-october fall

-this providence

-phantom planet

and maybe paramore is going toward the "wrong" side of the fork, but i'd say they have to power to become reputable.

JEW released one fuckin EP on FBR, that hardly qualifies them as a proper artist. It was by Capitols negotiation anyway. Plus it was a while back. Face it: new FBR bands are all more or less the same bands. Apart from LTJ.

Paramor could definately become reputable, but they need to distance themselves from the pop-punk image that stops them from being taken seriously. Being connected to bands like CIWWAF just brings them down. The could at least sign with a label that focuses on more thanyour average pop punk bands.

I'm relatively new to Paramore, Riot! was the first album I bought after hearing Misery Business. I can't really think of a song I don't enjoy on RIOT, and I think it was very well put together. For a band to go from being fairly small to huge in one album shows that they are doing something very right.

I think both albums are great, and I wouldn't mind a compromise for the next album. AWKIF is "harder" and deeper, but I just feel there isn't enough variation, if you know what I mean. Nearly all the tracks seem to describe the same thing in almost the same way. As someone said before, RIOT! is technically better and Hayley's lyrics have improved.

I guess it's all down to opinion and personal preferences really, they can't make it 100% perfect for everyone, and because of the success RIOT! has had, I can't really see Paramore changing that style unless they feel it's a step in the wrong direction. One thing that I remember Hayley saying was that she wanted to make music that people would hear in 40 years and say "Wow, I wish I was around for that", and the catchy RIOT! style songs have more potential of achieving that goal.

This.

Anyway, for me i don't think i can seperate which of their albums i like "most". To me they're really two entirely different records... AWKIF was a lot more raw; lyrically; instrumentally; even how it was produced, which you kind of would expect from a debut album- especially a debut album from a bunch of teenagers (not intended to sound condescending- i'm a teenager myself, derr), whereas Riot! is far more polished... But that's not even a bad thing. You can see how they've progressed and matured as a band and people in every aspect, and their live riot! shows are amazing- i wish i could go to the final riot tour, because since it's been released their live shows have gotten so so good, more original more exciting... Bah.

Riot! was marketed far, far differently to AWKIF, as we've seen by them rocketing to pop-punk stardom (wooo misery business etc). But as records i think they're both powerful.

I love AWKIF and Riot! equally, not trying to sound like "better than thou" i just do- i can't distinguish which one of them i like more, they both have elements i adore.

For their third record i'd really, really love to see more of what they're starting to do in their live shows... The originality and the power and the atmosphere and all that... I can't wait to see what they come up with, to be honest.

totally agree ;-)

They should go to an indie label. More decent rock, less mainstream exposure shit

No, they should be on label which is best for them, regardless of whether its an indie or a major and they certainly shouldn't go on an indie just because a minority doesn't like some artists on major labels. And anyway, Paramore are very poppy and certainly mainstream so they certainly wouldn't be out of place on a major.

Anyway, I think Riot is a very good album, but it certainly doesn't compare to AWKIF imo. I just find that AWKIF is just so much more powerful. But I do love Misery Business, such a great, bouncy, sing-a-long.

i thinkk RIOT was okay, but its missing like the feeling and the bit you can get superr excited about.

But i like the fact their trying new styles and changing their look and feel every album, because if it was the same old we'd all be bored right.

Its like Good Charlotte, like people mis read them thanks to their new album GMR because its more popish, but if you go back to their first album you can feel the love they have through out all of their records.

Paramore have the same feel and thats why i love them. :]