Have you ever been made fun of for liking Paramore?

(Forgive me if there is already a thread on this.)

I wear a Paramore shirt to school occasionally, because I like promoting/showing off Paramore. Sometimes people who think they are better than everyone else (popular people/ jocks) try to make fun of me / tell me that Paramore sucks / that they're girlie. Obviously, I don't care what they think/let it get to me, but it's hard to find other Paramore fans and it's not cool to be made fun of in general. Especially when 50% of the people that make fun of me listen to like, screamo and metal...

Maybe if wouldn't be as bad for a girl...lol...but does this happen to anyone else?

I'm a girl and I'm a bit popular at school so I don't think someone could say something bad about me being a huge fan of them.Also here noone knows paramore so they can't say you know they suck and stuff like that because they don't even know about their music.

Don't give a shit about what they say,if you like paramore then like them at least you listen to their music not they.(maybe they are jealous because the bands they listen to are not as good as paramore:p)

Hah, no I don't let it get me down. That's the last thing I do. I listen to what sounds good to me, not what is acceptable by others.

What does get me down, is one of these kids who makes fun of me, we were beginning to become friends until we started discussing music, now he can't hold a conversation with me without making fun of my music. It's unbearable to talk to him.

I can tolerate most music, and I would definitely not shun someone / not be friends with them over music. Music only tells you so much about someone.

I have a shy friend who listens to death metal, and I am a pretty normal person(?) who listens to Paramore (among a lot of other things). I'm not girlie lol. Don't generalize.

I can tolerate most music, and I would definitely not shun someone / not be friends with them over music. Music only tells you so much about someone.

I have a shy friend who listens to death metal, and I am a pretty normal person(?) who listens to Paramore (among a lot of other things). I'm not girlie lol. Don't generalize.

That paramore music is not that hard it doesn't mean it's girlie.and even the fact that the singer is a girl doesn't make their music girlie.People have to understand this:mad:

When I first started listening to Paramore, I mentioned them to everyone. My roommate makes fun of me whenever I watch them on TV, but it's just cause I sit right in front of the TV when they're on (I'm excited and proud of them, what? haha).

My friend Allen teased me for a little while for talking about them so much... but after a few listens and a few denials, he admitted that he loved Paramore too. Now he's my Paramore buddy, and we go to all their shows together, which is nice, since I have someone my age to hang out with there... and freak out about Paramore with. :P

Are you sure the dude who won't leave you alone about your music isn't just in denial himself? Maybe he likes them and doesn't want to admit it. I know plenty of people who would never listen to Paramore, but they don't make a fuss about me liking them, they just get over it. It'd be pretty immature not to.

When I first started listening to Paramore, I mentioned them to everyone. My roommate makes fun of me whenever I watch them on TV, but it's just cause I sit right in front of the TV when they're on (I'm excited and proud of them, what? haha).

My friend Allen teased me for a little while for talking about them so much... but after a few listens and a few denials, he admitted that he loved Paramore too. Now he's my Paramore buddy, and we go to all their shows together, which is nice, since I have someone my age to hang out with there... and freak out about Paramore with. :P

Are you sure the dude who won't leave you alone about your music isn't just in denial himself? Maybe he likes them and doesn't want to admit it. I know plenty of people who would never listen to Paramore, but they don't make a fuss about me liking them, they just get over it. It'd be pretty immature not to.

Well we are going to be high school sophomores so what do you expect lol. I highly doubt he secretly likes paramore. He's into a lot of, stuff like He is Legend and Fall of Troy, some other stuff like screamo / hardcore.

Haha, fair enough. Still, it's not a good excuse for him to make fun of you.

I don't know, when I was younger, I occasionally said I hated a band or two cause it wasn't "cool" to like them, but then eventually, I'd just give in to the musical goodness.

Who's to say that when none of his friends are around and his parents aren't home, he doesn't turn off the screamo and dance around the house to "crushcrushcrush"? ;P

Yeah. Moreso for being a fan of Avril Lavigne because I'm a guy. I would never wear an Avril shirt to school though because you know how people are. I've worn a Paramore shirts to school and it has never really been an issue before but this one kid said, "Isn't Paramore a chick band?" and since am not good in talking in those situations when I feel like I'm being talked to in that way, I had to try and defend myself.

I share your pain Justin! Very similar situation to you as well. I wore a Paramore shirt around friends and had to endure some stupid comments. It really does annoy me. I don't tease them over some crap they listen to!

I think the thing the gets to me most is the fact that they don't even know who Paramore are! Grrrr...

I get the occasional "they suck", but I actually kind of appreciate it haha.

I'm in middle school, and therefore have a thousand teenies having "&&that's what you get when you let your heart win <3" written on their notebooks, so I appreciate when someone has an actual opinion about the band...I've never been made fun of for liking them.

well since my school has a uniform policy i cant wear their shirts to school. :( but i talk about them a whole lot, and one friend jokes and makes fun of me then says sorry, one friend dont listen, and the other friend starts talking about Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. (and i join in. :shifty: it's a awesome game!)

all the freaking time. maybe it's because i'm like the most diehard fan in the school and i'm the only person that's not just like "OH EM GEE I LUV PARAMORE MIZERY BIZNIS IZ THE BEST SONG EVRRRRRRR." but i've heard people talk about my hoodie and schoolbag behind my back, quite literally. i'll be walking down the hallway and i can almost feel people pointing and then i hear snippits of their conversation. but i don't really care too much. hah.

i have one "friend" that claims she likes Paramore (misery business and crushx3 only...what a surprise. and she calls herself a "die hard" fan. :roll:) and we'll get into a discussion about Paramore and then i'll walk off and she'll turn to one of her friends and be like, "omg i HATE paramore. their so gay...just like chelsie."

this is why when the school year comes, i'm gonna tell her to stay the freak away from me. cuz that's how i roll. :D