Help with my newspaper column. :]

Echelonforever

So I'm on my school's yearbook/newspaper staff. And it's my job to write the column for "Artists on the rise." Basically each week I'm suppose to choose one artist/band from anywhere in the world that's underground, unpopular, or unheard of, nothing too mainstream and write about them. So if anyone here knows of any good ones could you post maybe their site/myspace link, with a picture and possible link to a youtube video of them or something like that. They can be any style of music and from any country. Just please only post good ones. :]

Steer Clear

they're a pop-punk band from Northern Ireland

they won a national competition here known as 'Blast Beat'

and won a record deal

they've just released their first album

and is alredy doing really well

they've headlines tours here in ireland and great britain

as well as traveling to america to tour last year

they've also opened for bands such as paramore, enter skakiri and good charlotte

check them out. deffo a band on the rise!

even if you dont write about them

lol

http://www.myspace.com/steerclear

I would second the Flood Of Red. Love that band.

I saw them last month supporting FFAF and they werebrilliant for only being toldthey were playing the gig the night before. Was hoping they would support them on the next tour but it wasn't to be. :(

Hate to break it to you but people will think that with whatever you suggest/promote so you should do bands you like ;-)

I am aware of that. But my goal is to do people that I have never heard of as well, that way it's not like I'm only doing bands I'm into. I want to do bands/artists that everyone can listen to and not feel like I'm directing the article at a certain type of people.