Paramore song to be on "Twilight" movie soundtrack

meretricious

• 2 weeks later...

Found new information about them on the soundtrack.

'Twilight' Exclusive: Paramore To Contribute Two New Songs To Film's Soundtrack

One song addresses the 'tension, awkwardness, anger and confusion between Bella and Edward,' singer Hayley Williams says.

By James Montgomery

Paramore's Hayley Williams has made no secret about her love for all things "Twilight," posting photos of herself clutching the book and showing off fan-made T-shirts on the band's official Web site. And "Twilight" stars Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Cam Gigandet and Taylor Lautner got to introduce the band (sort of) at this year's VMAs.

Now, she's taking that love to the next level.

Last week, Williams mentioned in a blog post that she and her bandmates were in a Nashville studio working on some tunes that had a "possible shot" at ending up on the "Twilight" soundtrack — and now, MTV News can confirm that the possibility has become a reality.

According to a spokesperson for their label, Paramore will have a pair of brand-new songs — "Decode" and a still-untitled second song — on the film's soundtrack, which hits stores on November 4. Back in July, director Catherine Hardwicke revealed that a song from Muse (author Stephenie Meyer's favorite band) will also be included.

" 'Twilight' is the first series of books I've ever read. I didn't get into the 'Harry Potter' series, even though I love the movies," Williams said in a statement. " 'Twilight' really caught my attention and held it. I'm really excited to see the book adapted to film and excited that our band gets to be a part of the phenomenon."

"Decode" is slated to be the first single from the soundtrack — which will be released on "Gossip Girl" music supervisor Alexandra Patsavas' Chop Shop label, in conjunction with Atlantic Records — and the band will shoot a video for it next month. According to Williams, the song details the inner workings of the love affair between the series' protagonists, Bella and Edward.

"I chose the title 'Decode' because the song is about the building tension, awkwardness, anger and confusion between Bella and Edward," she said. "Bella is the only mind Edward can't read, and I feel like that's a big part of the first book and one of the obstacles for them to overcome. It's one added tension that makes the story even better."

The "Decode" video is scheduled to premiere in early November.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1595214/20080919/story.jhtml

i just got this email too

Hey Kayla,

We wanted you to be the first to know that Paramore is going to be a part of the soundtrack for motion picture Twilight!

Paramore's brand new song, "Decode" will be the lead single for the film and the band will be releasing a brand new music video this fall!

"Twilight is the first series of books I've ever read. I didn't get into the Harry Potter series even though I love the movies. Twilight really caught my attention and held it. I'm really excited to see the book adapted to film and excited that our band gets to be a part of the phenomenon."

- Hayley

Soundtrack available everywhere November 4th!

-The Official Paramore Fan Club

i cant wait!

• 2 weeks later...

straight from stephenie meyer's official website:

Full Tracklisting for for Twilight Soundtrack

Muse — Supermassive Black Hole

Paramore — Decode

The Black Ghosts — Full Moon

Linkin Park — Leave Out All The Rest

MuteMath — Spotlight (Twilight Mix)

Perry Farrell — Going All The Way (Into The Twilight)

Collective Soul — Tremble For My Beloved

Paramore — I Caught Myself

Blue Foundation — Eyes On Fire

Rob Pattinson — Never Think

Iron & Wine — Flightless Bird, American Mouth

Carter Burwell — Bella's Lullaby

:hyper:

i can't wait to hear 'i caught myself'!

• 2 weeks later...

First review:

PARAMORE, ''Decode''

The first of two Twilight songs by the Tennessee quartet conveys the ''building tension, awkwardness, anger, and confusion between Bella and Edward,'' explains lead singer and Twilight fan Hayley Williams at stepheniemeyer.com. ''Bella is the only mind Edward can't read, and I feel like that's a big part of the first book and one of the obstacles for them to overcome.'' With more than 2.5 million plays so far on the band's MySpace page, the message is obviously getting through loud and clear.

PARAMORE, ''I Caught Myself''

Is it Bella? Or is it Edward? It's Bella. No, it's Edward. This was my internal monologue while listening to Paramore's second Twilight track. Whose perspective are the pop-rockers trying to convey? The beauty of this up-tempo song is that it could be either.

Source: http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20234282_8,00.html