Remembering September 11th (9/11)

lilley_1

Donald is right.

We're sad about those thousands of victims because we've heard about them, saw images etc.

But, when there is an earthquake in China and 100 000 people die, the world doesn't make a big deal about it, we just pretend it didn't happened. That happened a few months ago, but we won't remember it every year though.

It's the same for the tsunami. Every country was sending money to support them, but the same amount of people in Africa die everyday, It's like a tsunami everyday there. But we don't care cause this doesn't touches us, we don't realise it because we didn't saw anything about it.

Poor people can all just die in our eyes.

We will still think and support the minority.

Money is the big winner.

well im not starting again but a TERRORIST attack is different than kids dying due to poverty.

and i do care about that in africa actually. im not saying this is more important im saying its different soyou shouldnt compare the two.

kdone.

oh and ronald i see what youre saying but NATURAL DISASTERS are out of our control.

• Like 1

It's not just natural disasters.

People dying of hunger, or diseases, cause they don't have the resources that we have.

And by the way, the tsunami was a natural disaster too, but we still did made a big deal about it, Belgium send 30M euros to support them ... But yeah, natural disasters in other countries are just less important.

So, don't say we can't do anything about it.

I'd say that the kids that are starving to death every day and have horrible diseases with no treatment is worse than a terrorist attack. As we can prevent those kids from starving to death and we know that thousands of people will be dieing tomorrow, yet we go along with our happy little lives.

You got repped for that. :)

yes i never said we couldnt do anything about it

what im saying is a TERRORIST attack is something that we prob couldve prevented and it was done by horrible inconsiderate people.

as where natural diasters we cant prevent.

yes there are all these places that are in poverty and stuff and there does need to be something done about it there should be something done about it. im not saying there shouldnt be. its just EVERYONE needs to do something about it not just a few people. if i had the money i would definalty go over there to places that need help and help them out by anyway that i could.

i do not dissagree with you guys in anyway i totally agree im not saying i dont.

i do actually help the people in like africa and stuff.

my church will have some fundraisers or collections for them a few times a year, and every time its going on i put a good amount of money in there.

and when theres a natural disaster somewhere my school will do the same, and again, i'll put money in there.

Hum yes, but what we're trying to say, is that It's useless to make a thread like this.

Cause there is much worse things that happen everyday.

We're not happy to see that the majority is totally left out.

You see what I mean ?

i see hwat you mean

but the person you are agreeing with (donald) was the one who made the thread.

NEVERMIND

i thought he did then i checked

my bad sorry

i jsut remember seeing him as one of the very first posts in here

but yes i agree with you tho 100%. there are alot of bad things that need our attention too. i agree there

im not the one who made this.

no she didnt.

its true

people here are in poverty and are poor

hell tbh i am poor as hell! i have hardly any money to pay rent or go food shopping. my mom finally was able to go food shopping today and there are pletny of homeless people here

but yes sam is right there is problems EVERYWHERE not just here

and people should care and try and help

Yes but you just said we shouldn't be focusing only about our own country but you mentioned that people are dying in America, lol.

I know there is poverty everywhere, but these people have had their chances and they still have to make their lives.

There's a big difference ... ^^

Whatever, forget it, haha. :P

yes i did mention that.

its true im not focusing on jsut my problems im using my problems as an example on how there are problems everywhere

i understand what youre saying and im agreeing with you... i dont think u understand what im trying to say

i understand what youre saying and im agreeing with you... i dont think u understand what im trying to say

No, It's okay, I got what you were trying to say.

It was just a misunderstanding ... You know. :shifty:

Whoa, I'm making myself look stupid at the moment, haha. :rotfl:

I get what you're saying ronald.

it just makes me mad because everyday when I drive to the store or wherever i always see homeless people and it makes me sad because ppl act like they're too good to stop. They think they're doing them a serivice occasionally stopping and giving them $5 for a meal. What is that person going to do for food the next day when nonone stops?

it's outrageous.

^ YES!

theres this homelss guy that lives here

do you know what he spends his time doing?!

picking up litter from the grounds everywhere in town.

idk where he sleeps tho =/

i hvnt seen him tho my grandma told me about him

haha yea lol. ronald

haha its ok tho

u get it now tho... right?

You don't look stupid ronald.

I understand they're hungry people everywhere I wish I could help them. But I just don't think it's right when I see commericals saying "oh help fee the kids in africa or wherever for 80 cents a day" and ppl think that's their good deed for the day, yet they won't even share a seat with a homeless person a bus or in a taxi because they think they're too good.

we have an old lady here like that, sometimes my mom gives her money or takes her to breakfast, but I mean that's not going to help her forever you know?

I understand they're hungry people everywhere I wish I could help them. But I just don't think it's right when I see commericals saying "oh help fee the kids in africa or wherever for 80 cents a day" and ppl think that's their good deed for the day, yet they won't even share a seat with a homeless person a bus or in a taxi because they think they're too good.

we have an old lady here like that, sometimes my mom gives her money or takes her to breakfast, but I mean that's not going to help her forever you know?

yes i agree completely!!!!

aww thats so nice of your mom.

no it wont help her forever but think of it this way itll help her for the time being and im sure it makes her so happy

aww

Yes, but It's always better than nothing ... I'm already happy people are giving something, even though It's only a dollar ...

We can't do better, we're not rich people, It's all in the government hands. They are the ones that could give millions in a day for charity, just like they did for the tsunami case.

I sometimes give to beggars, but sometimes they really are just doing it for drugs though.

There was this one guy that had an orange and was trying to sell it to people walking by. Of course he's not hungry, because if he was he'd eat the orange. And if I had wanted an orange at that time I would have went to the person across the street giving them away. =/