Politics

lilley_1

^ Katrina was predicted days before it happened thank you very much... and its a hurricane. There is also already research going on in this field... so thinking there is no money or research what so ever in weather is ignorant in itself.

The problem is that we are sooo much into debt that while putting more money in that kind of research is nice... its not 100% aboslutely necessary to keep this country alive. We are 2 trillion dollars in debt (just in the past six months) and 1 trillion of that was Obamas doing (within his first month of presidency). On top of that Dems are proposing another $500 billion spending bill. Cmon, if republicans proposed reasearch on tornados right now or a $500 billion spending bill, you would be completely outraged. You're playing party politics and not looking at the bigger picture. You can't spend your way out of this... For example FDR was elected in 1933 spent a lot of money into new programs and until the last few years was deemed god. However, historians are now coming out and saying that all his spending actually prolonged the depression (it was WWII that brought us out of the great depression). I'm not pulling this out of my butt... look it up.

Bottom Line: You can't spend your way out of a recession or depression. Sorry but all this spending is gonna make worse. Whenever Obama speaks, the market crashes (or significantly goes down).

First off, studying weather is important and not much more needs to be said about that. Its a little difficult for people to buy homes, cars, and other goods and services when our ability to give out loans and produce jobs is nonexistent.

Party politics has nothing to do with it. At least let the man fail before you criticize him, that's all I ask after 8 years of utter stupidity that we have endured. It's only fair. Oh and I'm sure you all have PhD's in Economics correct? Don't you think if this solution were easy it would be fixed by now, let's go people use your heads its very very very complicated. The politicians are doing what they do best and taking something complicated and dumbing it down to gain your support.

No but I did have my fair share of economics in college and had a professor who worked as an economist for the U.S. government before he retired. I probably learned more from him than any other professor.

So an communist economist professor... who knew a economics professor would like communism (yes i'm assuming thats where you get the idea that the ideas of communism are good).

Makes me fearful of what I'm gonna be taught once I transfer.

wat i dont get is the SPENDING plan?

where is this money coming from?!?!

wen im older its my generation thats paying the cost.

he just doesnt get it. :nono:

CHINA ... well at least for now. China said it might not be able to buy all of our bad debt cuz even its economy is starting to go down (oh and i fix it for ya cuz there was one moment where obama admitted it was not stimulus but a spending bill).

• 1 month later...