Politics

lilley_1

since every thread has a turned into politics talk....I created this thread but I must say a few things before you post.

1). Please no inapproiate and/or hateful content.

2). Please respect everyones opinions. I know people are very opinionated in this election but please don't resort to name calling.

3). Basically don't abuse this thread.

Let the "discussion" begin

Might as well establish this just now. I would be considered Republican if I moved to the States or in terms of American political parties. It spawns from my family and our strong ties to Conservative and Unionist parties over here and from growing up with it, I've grown to believe right-wing is where it's at for me.

That being said, I don't think either candidate will do any good for us here in the UK. Not that they are meant to, but when America sneezes the rest of the world catches the cold. Regardless of who is elected, things WILL get worse - much, much more before they get better.

Might as well establish this just now. I would be considered Republican if I moved to the States or in terms of American political parties. It spawns from my family and our strong ties to Conservative and Unionist parties over here and from growing up with it, I've grown to believe right-wing is where it's at for me.

That being said, I don't think either candidate will do any good for us here in the UK. Not that they are meant to, but when America sneezes the rest of the world catches the cold. Regardless of who is elected, things WILL get worse - much, much more before they get better.

i think that's completely true, even being from the states.

the last eight years have been completely catastrophic, and its gonna take a lot to even get back on our feet again.

i'm definitely not interested in a "lets fight between obama and mccain" thread, cause i already get that everywhere i go, but having already voted, i think that this election will be very close, and i'm a bit worried myself.

i think that's completely true, even being from the states.

the last eight years have been completely catastrophic, and its gonna take a lot to even get back on our feet again.

i'm definitely not interested in a "lets fight between obama and mccain" thread, cause i already get that everywhere i go, but having already voted, i think that this election will be very close, and i'm a bit worried myself.

You've already voted?! Jeez, I have to wait till the 4th here. However I do agree with you thats its gonna get worse before it gets better.

when America sneezes the rest of the world catches the cold. Regardless of who is elected, things WILL get worse - much, much more before they get better.

lol. thats what my government teacher is always telling us.

true statement though.

I can.

I'll go to the ballot, but as I said before, I'm just gonna write "FUCK YOU!" on it, instead of voting.

Like, a while ago, the Conservatives sent out these questionnaires to the voting youth, I just chewed it up a bit, wrote "FUCK YOU AND YOUR LIES." across it in big black capitals, and sent it in.

There is no "right" person. Whoever you vote for only cares about power and money.

And we don't have a president, we have a Prime Minister.

"we are all born ignorant but it takes a lot of work to remain stupid." - benjamin franklin.

your ignorant. you shoudl be proud to live in the most privleged country. if you dont like it here, move.