lilley_1

I like Obama

Why?

Because he's different

How is he different

He's going to bring change

What change?

I don't know

most people's reasoning for liking Obama is irrational and ridiculous too. Just sayin'. XD

Do you not realize that most of those same people exist on the other side...whats your reason for voting for McCain than? Leaving experience out of it because judging experience is very subjective.

haha nice bump lara

and Jon, i like mccain cause he had the better plans for this country. if you want be to elaborate on this i will but since the election is over theres no use arguing about this.

Are you kidding me? After all the shit thats being thrown around about how no one is saying why they voted for Obama I gave you a bunch of responses already and when I ask for yours for McCain you response with it doesn't matter anymore. Nice.

I like Obama

Why?

Because he's different

How is he different

He's going to bring change

What change?

I don't know

most people's reasoning for liking Obama is irrational and ridiculous too. Just sayin'. XD

hahaha. THATS SOO TRUE!

every one says that.

like they did interview with people who r like ""oh he's gunna bring change. and he's black too. i dont agree with his policies. but hey. he's black"

hahah.

I have already clearly explained a number of things so either you are not comprehending them or are incredibly stubborn and wont accept anything including the fact that you might be wrong. Also im not saying your opinions are stupid.

Example:

You: Obama is anti American.

Me: Thats fine thats your opinion, whats your reason for that opinion?

You: He doesn't wear flag pins

Me: Your reason for your opinion is not very convincing you may want to rethink that.

IE your reasoning for that opinion is irrational and kind of ridiculous. You can't just make crazy assumptions and wild claims. So just because its your opinion doesn't mean other people cannot disagree with that opinion because it may be a very poor opinion or your reasoning for that opinion may be poor.

i say way more than that. but w/e

ok how about.

1. he doesnt wear a pin

2. he didnt put his hand over his heart during the pledge

3. he went to a church where the pastor was a hated white america and said "God f*** america" and obama went to this guy and was friends with him for 20 years.

4. hes friends with a terroist who bomb the pentagon in the 70's

is that enough??

ive said it all be for. mayb u dont like reading it all..

hahaha. THATS SOO TRUE!

every one says that.

like they did interview with people who r like ""oh he's gunna bring change. and he's black too. i dont agree with his policies. but hey. he's black"

hahah.

i say way more than that. but w/e

ok how about.

1. he doesnt wear a pin

2. he didnt put his hand over his heart during the pledge

3. he went to a church where the pastor was a hated white america and said "God f*** america" and obama went to this guy and was friends with him for 20 years.

4. hes friends with a terroist who bomb the pentagon in the 70's

is that enough??

ive said it all be for. mayb u dont like reading it all..

IM NOT EVEN RESPONDING TO THIS YOU CAN GO BACK AND READ MY FUCKING POST WHERE I ALREADY RESPONDED TO THIS STUPID SHIT.

Jesus christ its like trying to have a talk with a fucking child my dog listens and understand shit better than you idiots. Go back and read my post I responded to that already, its just pissing me off, you don't win arguments by just repeating the same shit over and over.

^ Thanks Kiersten, and I already posted about that unpatriotic stuff before, so I don't know why he brought that up again. :P

You have no idea what your talking about either apparently.

I brought up the patriotism issues as an example of (jesus am i really having to explain this again) how I was disagreeing with your reasoning for your opinions. Then your partner in crime brought it up again out of nowhere and just repeated what she said earlier even after I already responded to the things she said.

You two are the reason no one can have an intelligent discussion in this thread maybe you should take one for the team and just keep your mouths shut cause your not helping your cause at all.

At least we're not cussing and yelling our heads off...how do you expect us to respond to that.

We misunderstood your point, it happens, it doesn't mean we're not intelligent; it's the internet, mistakes happen, why are you being all serious about it...

Partner in crime...? Oh come on. :neutral:

Because obviously cussing and screaming is the only way to get your attention which it did. Maybe I should start every response with an insult so you actually read. It's not about misunderstanding the point its the fact that I explained something then you just repeated the same thing again.

I have hardly been abusive to anyone. If they can't take criticism they should get out of this thread, I have gone out of my way to try and explain that I am not calling their opinions stupid or bashing them and then immediately following comes another ridiculous response. This thread is supposed to be about constructive criticism and arguments not irrational bantering, which they are guilty of.

• Like 1

I have hardly been abusive to anyone. If they can't take criticism they should get out of this thread, I have gone out of my way to try and explain that I am not calling their opinions stupid or bashing them and then immediately following comes another ridiculous response. This thread is supposed to be about constructive criticism and arguments not irrational bantering, which they are guilty of.

mate, this board is full of people who's iq is rivaled only by their shoe size, just take it on the chin and ignore the idiots, for an intelligent debate id suggest you go else where 90% of the people here arent capable of one.

i would beg to differ. saying anyone thats a conservative needs a metal realignment is not criticism but rather an insult. I beleive since I haven't been on for about a day i haven't elaborated on my position so i'll give you my main points (which i've posted at least six times now if you look farther back).

1. McCain has more experience. He was a vietnam pow and survived five in a prison camp. If anyone cares for his country , its him. He also spent over 20 years in the senate which is a lot more than Obama's three (in which half the time he was running for prez).

2. McCains tax plan is better than Obamas (well i know i'm using present tense). McCain would not raise taxes on anybody and would've cut small business and corporate tax. This would've created jobs. Obamas plan is taking away from the rich and giving to the poor. You probably think well thats great but in the end its not. The poor will just end up relying on the government more which will cause more stress on our economy. We need these people to get jobs, no survive off the governments dime.

3. McCain overall has better judgement than Obama. Barack Obama has been acquainted with an unpatriotic priest and a terrorist who after 911 was quoted as to saying "the terrorists didn't do enough". I'm sorry this , unlike some of my colleagues would say, doesn't make him an unpatriotic terrorist but rather shows just how bad his judgement is. This makes me scared cause he befriend/ make alliances with the wrong people which could have us being screwed in the end. McCain has been able to reach across party lines and has partnered in legislation with some of the more liberal members of the senate.

4. McCain would've brought our troops home with victory not defeat. Obama wants our troops to get out of there now. This is not a good idea and would only lead to civil war. I'm fine with vacating our troops as long as its based on conditions on the ground and not what msnbc, cnn, and nbc say. McCain would have stayed till the job is done. All Obama will be doing is waving the white flag of surrender.

5. I hate to bring this in but I feel I must post something thats a bit different from what I've been saying. No matter what ones position on abortion is this is just wrong. Obama voted against giving medical care to babies born due to botched abortions. This irks me to the care. How can you kill a live and breathing baby and still call it abortion? McCain is pro-life as am I which is another plus for me.

All I thought you guys might find this interesting :

"Let the ruling classes tremble at a communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workingmen of all countries, unite!" - Karl Marx

sound familiar?

mate, this board is full of people who's iq is rivaled only by their shoe size, just take it on the chin and ignore the idiots, for an intelligent debate id suggest you go else where 90% of the people here arent capable of one.

just because we don't agree with you doesn't make us stupid.

IM NOT EVEN RESPONDING TO THIS YOU CAN GO BACK AND READ MY FUCKING POST WHERE I ALREADY RESPONDED TO THIS STUPID SHIT.

Jesus christ its like trying to have a talk with a fucking child my dog listens and understand shit better than you idiots. Go back and read my post I responded to that already, its just pissing me off, you don't win arguments by just repeating the same shit over and over.

u said:

"You: Obama is anti American.

Me: Thats fine thats your opinion, whats your reason for that opinion?

You: He doesn't wear flag pins

Me: Your reason for your opinion is not very convincing you may want to rethink that. "

so i was backing it up. cuz u said i didnt back it up. then wen i did back it up ur saying "I ALREADY RESPONDED TO THIS STUPID SHIT." haha. then why did u say i didnt repond and back my self up. wen i already did. wow.

anyways. no u didnt respond. cuz i havent heard u defending ur precious obama on these patriotic issues

Then your partner in crime brought it up again out of nowhere and just repeated what she said earlier even after I already responded to the things she said.

haha. partner in crime??

i like it. haha

and

Kelcey the thing u just posted is awesome!

You know what Alex? I will say it for once and fucking all.

I don't understand your damned grudge against me, I have done nothing to you, yet you're the one who laughs at everyone on this board who 'takes the internet seriously'; get over yourself, and stop being a damned son of a bitch.

You can say all you like that this post wasn't "just" towards me or wasn't towards me at all, but this post just pisses me off regardless. Why? You're a damned hypocrite, you are.

Seriously, a different opinion from YOURS does not make YOU any more intelligent.

i would beg to differ. saying anyone thats a conservative needs a metal realignment is not criticism but rather an insult. I beleive since I haven't been on for about a day i haven't elaborated on my position so i'll give you my main points (which i've posted at least six times now if you look farther back).

1. McCain has more experience. He was a vietnam pow and survived five in a prison camp. If anyone cares for his country , its him. He also spent over 20 years in the senate which is a lot more than Obama's three (in which half the time he was running for prez).

2. McCains tax plan is better than Obamas (well i know i'm using present tense). McCain would not raise taxes on anybody and would've cut small business and corporate tax. This would've created jobs. Obamas plan is taking away from the rich and giving to the poor. You probably think well thats great but in the end its not. The poor will just end up relying on the government more which will cause more stress on our economy. We need these people to get jobs, no survive off the governments dime.

3. McCain overall has better judgement than Obama. Barack Obama has been acquainted with an unpatriotic priest and a terrorist who after 911 was quoted as to saying "the terrorists didn't do enough". I'm sorry this , unlike some of my colleagues would say, doesn't make him an unpatriotic terrorist but rather shows just how bad his judgement is. This makes me scared cause he befriend/ make alliances with the wrong people which could have us being screwed in the end. McCain has been able to reach across party lines and has partnered in legislation with some of the more liberal members of the senate.

4. McCain would've brought our troops home with victory not defeat. Obama wants our troops to get out of there now. This is not a good idea and would only lead to civil war. I'm fine with vacating our troops as long as its based on conditions on the ground and not what msnbc, cnn, and nbc say. McCain would have stayed till the job is done. All Obama will be doing is waving the white flag of surrender.

5. I hate to bring this in but I feel I must post something thats a bit different from what I've been saying. No matter what ones position on abortion is this is just wrong. Obama voted against giving medical care to babies born due to botched abortions. This irks me to the care. How can you kill a live and breathing baby and still call it abortion? McCain is pro-life as am I which is another plus for me.

All I thought you guys might find this interesting :

"Let the ruling classes tremble at a communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workingmen of all countries, unite!" - Karl Marx

sound familiar?

just because we don't agree with you doesn't make us stupid.

*Giant gasp of air*

and here we go....

1. Service in the arm forces does not qualify one to be a leader of a country, that is irrelevant. His experience in the Senate in relation to how he would do as president is irrelevant. Intelligence and experience are subjective matters. Someone could be in the military and be unintelligent does that mean they would make a great president just because they were in the military?

2. I prefer an increase in taxes when it results in more benefits, look at France they pay much higher taxes and everyone gets free health care. No one their complains about high taxes because it results in a better life for everyone. Raising taxes slightly does not result in mass unemployment, do some research higher taxes has never resulted in higher unemployment rates its a SOLID FACT, I did personal research on this topic with my economics professor who worked for the U.S government but don't take my word for it do your own research and you will find the same result. I can not stress this enough there is no correlation between higher taxes and a raise in unemployment.

3. Everything in this paragraph is purely speculation and media hype. Being associated with someone does not make that person evil. If you believe in guilty by association then nobody is perfect because just about everyone knows someone who is pretty bad. Not to mention McCain spoke at an Acorn rally. Let me repeat that. One of the biggest accusations of his campaign was about Obamas association with Acorn, when McCain himself spoke at an Acorn rally hailing the people of Acorn as great people who represent what America is all about.

4. You say McCain would have brought our troops home with victory, so you must be some kind of military expert who knows the exact situations in Iraq and what is the best decision. The bottom line is that whole situation is not an easy solution, Obama wants to get our troops out of there but he has made it clear that we can not simply leave a mess that we have made without cleaning it up.

5. If you followed anything at all besides biased news sources you would see that he voted "Present" on those issues, under the rules of Illinois legislature only a vote of "yes" counts towards the passage of a bill. Voting present instead of no is a part of a strategy used when determining certain sensitive legislative issues such as abortion.

*yawn* anything else?

Oh really so saying "its like trying to have a talk with a fucking child my dog listens and understand shit better than you idiots" isnt being abusive is it? This is the last time i say anything about this to you, just accept it.

ATTN JON:

you're a bit of an arrogant prick really, aren't you ?

huh.

dont bring yourself down to their level Jorgi, it'll just make matters worse!

Then why the hell come back? Seriously. I cant be bothered with people who moan and whine about this place constantly then continue to come back and post. thats a totally ridiculous thing to say, get it in your head we do not allow abuse towards other members on here and that is it. This is an intelligent debate if people are intelligent about it without flying off the handle because someone disagree's with them. So stop slagging off people on this forum, its fucking boring and for the record, everytime i tell someone to stop being abusive, isnt always because someone has complained about them. Its of my own accord.