Paramore opening for No Doubt?

Kristen

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interscope belongs to Universal. Why the hate for Interscope? That's No Doubt's label.

Yeah, Warner had it during the days of Death Row then sold it after all that fuss.

Lets just say Interscope haven't been all too great with one of my favourite bands, for reasons I can't say publically. ;-)

They posted photos last week of them demoing. Assuming said photos are recent, then that leaves them quite a while off an album. They still have to "perfect" the songs in their head if not done so already. Book a studio, sound engineers etc, again, if not done. Then track each instrument. Following that, each track will need to be edited, mixed and mastered. Then the disks produced, cover art chosen or created then the CDs packaged, and shipped. Amongst other things. Someone in the industry can correct me, but I'm pretty sure that's as basic as it gets.

FBR/Atlantic, although I'd think Warner have quite the interest in this after Riot went Platinum, will not rush this out. Even if it was finished for the tour, they'd sit on it. Let them play the tour out (become more popular, if possible?) then release the CD and give Paramore their own headlining tour in promotion of the album. I think it was Trevor on here who said Paramore were on a 360 with Warner, if so then Warner would jump at the chance to have them touring twice.

this makes the most sense to me

riot was done in around the same amount of time, i'm sure

and they had their own headlining tour in the spring even before riot! was released

i doubt the new album will be out before this tour

they'll probably play a few new songs though, or so i'm hoping

What's so bad about it?

Nah, I just don't like No Doubt. I'm kind of surprised how many Paramore fans like them is all.

No offence to No Doubt or anything... They totally did a lot for music and whatever, I just don't like their sound, personally.

^Tragic Kingdom and Return Of Saturn are the two No Doubt albums you should listen to first, then check out the rest (preferably leaving Rock Steady for last?).

Even if you're not too into their music, they're an amazing band live and a lot of fun, so it'd be worth it to just see them. That way when they're inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame you can say, "Oh, I saw them once." ;-)

Nah, I just don't like No Doubt. I'm kind of surprised how many Paramore fans like them is all.

No offence to No Doubt or anything... They totally did a lot for music and whatever, I just don't like their sound, personally.

It's cool, everyone has it's own tastes.

I didn't listened very much to them neither, they have some songs I quite like, and others who make me bored, lol.

But yeah, when I saw their videos on youtube, I could tell they're amazing live, and I'd love seeing them with Paramore.