Paramore opening for No Doubt?

Kristen

Ugh. I'm not into that kinds music really, so I hope they don't go on tour with them. I haven't been to a concert, and I've made it a goal of mine to go see them next year when they promote their new album! There is only one way I would go, and that is if one special someone comes with me.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. I'm not into that kinds music really, so I hope they don't go on tour with them. I haven't been to a concert, and I've made it a goal of mine to go see them next year when they promote their new album! There is only one way I would go, and that is if one special someone comes with me.

You could always leave when Paramore's set is over.

I'd pay to see them. I wonder how the tension would be like between Gwen and the others.

If there is any of it at all!

There's no tension between the members of No Doubt. They've been together for almost 22 years... if they didn't like each other they wouldn't still be together.

Not gonna lie, it really ticks me off when people think Gwen "broke up" No Doubt... they just took a break, and she did a solo project. They all did. Not saying you said that, but in case anyone does... ;-)

They performed the encores at two of Gwen's solo shows in California last year, and it was if they never took their break. :)

Yes, No Doubt is back... finally! They've been writing for about a year now.

Gwen's solo stuff was just a short term thing. At first it was supposed to be one album, then she decided she had enough extra songs to do a second album... she should have just stuck to the first album. It was the better of the two.

As for the new album, No Doubt is going on tour for inspiration... being stuck in a studio is not the best environment for songwriting. They'll record on the road and the album will come out later this year.

Yes, No Doubt is back... finally! They've been writing for about a year now.

Gwen's solo stuff was just a short term thing. At first it was supposed to be one album, then she decided she had enough extra songs to do a second album... she should have just stuck to the first album. It was the better of the two.

As for the new album, No Doubt is going on tour for inspiration... being stuck in a studio is not the best environment for songwriting. They'll record on the road and the album will come out later this year.

thanks for clearing it up...i kinda liked gwens solo stuff though...

Yet you like Paramore. A band with a very similar style.

Interesting.

To be honest I'm not a fan of No Doubt either.

hmm....

well why would they go on tour then when they're working on an album?

it'll probably be done by then...but still. hmm.

if this ends up being true and they come to MN i'll deffinatly go though.

If you're talking about Paramore then I agree totally. Josh said they hope to release the new album in the Summer so you're looking at a July/August release so if what he said is accurate, then you'd be looking at Paramore being in the studio in March/April.

To be honest I'm not a fan of No Doubt either.

If you're talking about Paramore then I agree totally. Josh said they hope to release the new album in the Summer so you're looking at a July/August release so if what he said is accurate, then you'd be looking at Paramore being in the studio in March/April.

I wouldn't take their word as fact. Many bands say they're recording, then go tour anyway. If No Doubt asked them, I think they would jump at it. This is a huge opportunity for virtually any band.

Also, I wouldn't bet on July/August. FBR (if they haven't been properly moved to Atlantic by then) have a habit of sitting on albums for a while to build up hype for them. Not to say a July/August isn't going to happen, but it'll be about 2 months, at least, before recording is finished before I think we'll see anything.

And yes I do think Paramore is too big to be opening, No Doubt should open instead!

I hate to burst a lot of peoples bubble here, but Paramore is not that big. Yes, they've had a very nice run this past year and half or so, but honesty, they can't hold a candle to No Doubt's popularity or success. Not to say they can't in the future, but as of right now, no. So it's laughable to think No Doubt would be an opener on ANY tour.

Plus, if this is going to be an amphitheater tour, Paramore would desperately need No Doubt to fill the place. At least the Shoreline Amphitheater over where I'm at. Place is huge.

And it's not like Paramore would get some dinky 25 minute set. I'm sure they would get a full set, they'd just be performing first *OMGSHOCKGASP* BIG DEAL.

Sweet! I like No Doubt! And my dad does too, so maybe he'll finally take me to a Paramore concert!

And yes I do think Paramore is too big to be opening, No Doubt should open instead!

No Doubt open? Are you kidding? Yeah Paramore's big right now and popular, but No Doubt have been around a long time.

Paramore is too big to open for bands ...

They don't need to do that anymore.

Definitely not true. Paramore has become a big band, but they're still in the 3-5,000 seat range live. That's about as big a venue as they can realistically headline. RIOT! has sold over a million copies, which is tremendous nowadays - but look back at No Doubt's career album sales to put that in perspective.

If this rumor is true, this is undoubtedly going to be a large (10-15,000 seat) amphitheatre tour. It will be a really big deal from a publicity standpoint with No Doubt performing live again, etc. Huge exposure for the band and a great chance to take them to the next level - and introduce them live to a ton more new fans who might not be that familiar with them yet or have just heard a song or two on the radio.

I hate to burst a lot of peoples bubble here, but Paramore is not that big. Yes, they've had a very nice run this past year and half or so, but honesty, they can't hold a candle to No Doubt's popularity or success. Not to say they can't in the future, but as of right now, no. So it's laughable to think No Doubt would be an opener on ANY tour.

Plus, if this is going to be an amphitheater tour, Paramore would desperately need No Doubt to fill the place. At least the Shoreline Amphitheater over where I'm at. Place is huge.

And it's not like Paramore would get some dinky 25 minute set. I'm sure they would get a full set, they'd just be performing first *OMGSHOCKGASP* BIG DEAL.

True that, Paramore isn't that big around me anyway... I like them both, so I cant really say anything.

No Doubt open? Are you kidding? Yeah Paramore's big right now and popular, but No Doubt have been around a long time.

Yeah, they have, I agree.

i reckon its an awsome chance for paramore

cause no doubt is huge... and where i am paramore aint.

this is no doubt 'getting back together' tour and there will be heaps of old fans and lots of new fans from gwens solo carrer. so i reckon it would be awsome show for paramore too get thier name out their some more...