The Infamous Spam Thread - Part 15

thebrowncoat

The flower thingos are referred to as "Vine inlays". It's an design inspired by the Steve Vai signature model Ibanez guitar.

Personally I think it's tacky, lol, and it's the only thing I don't like about the guitar, otherwise it's perfect haha

Indeed, Steve Vai is quite good. I actually barely listen to stuff like Steve Vai anymore to be honest. I'll listen to Joe Satriani regularly, but other than that I've lost a lot of interest in instrumental rock guitar music. I prefer to listen to band music nowadays mainly.

Joe Satriani's best stuff is his live stuff honestly.

His live DVD "Live In San Francisco" is probably my favorite live performance DVD of any artist I own.

Everything from more shreddy , upbeat rocking tracks, to slow soulful ballads, he covers the range exceptionally well.

The song Always With Me, Always with You in particular is really addictive I think and is so expressive

I've got all 3 of the G3 DVDs. The Live in Tokyo one is probably my favorite perhaps.

The song "Searching" from that DVD is just beyong amazing. Has to be one of Joe's most moving live performances. Really deep and emotive song, much better than the studio album version of the song.

Malmsteen is obviously quite amazing technically, but the man doesn't know when to restrain himself, so I find it hard to listen to it, because it verges on just being wankery at times, whereas Satch has a proper melodic sense and an amazing feel of the musical context all the time.

I have my version of Crushcrushcrush going where instead of playing the outro solo on the studio album, I replaced it with a shred solo lol. I have no idea if it sounds any good or not, but hey, there are so many Paramore songs where I always feel like spicing it up with my own solo haha

I tend to just watch them on my DVDs rather than on youtube :P

I could probably say in all honesty Joe Satriani is my number one favorite guitarist of all time though. He has EVERYTHING in his playing. Second, I'm not sure, maybe Mikael Akerfeldt