The Infamous Spam Thread - Part 15

thebrowncoat

do you have speakers now?

What do you guys use for software?

I have speakers on this computer, it's my mom's computer that they don't work.

I used either Audacity 1.3 or the "Easy MP3 Sound Recorder"

Mainly the EMSR, Audacity is more for mixing.

My recording set up:

Me geetar: 1999 (as in, when it was made) Ibanez RG 7421 7 string

Me bass geetar: Ibanez BTB 5 string with Bartolini pickups

Recording interface : Line 6 POD X3 Live. For playing metal or heavy shit in general, I normally use the Diamond Plate (Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier amp simulation) sim on my POD

Studio monitors : I have 2 Behringer B2030As, and they are actually surprisingly decent given they are Behringer. I got them for free too haha.

Software wise, I use Ableton Live Suite 8.0, which costs around 1300 AUD (I think it's about 800 US dollars, not sure,) and has so many goddamn features I haven't even learnt how to use them all yet despite having owned the program since May this year.

It's about as good as Pro Tools 8 and Cubase 5 feature and performance wise, so I'm quite happy with it.

Best of all I got my copy for free since my older sister works at Ableton in Germany =D

Edit: Upon seeing Ernie's set up, I feel like I have a pro recording studio at home lol

Well, I'm not pro at recording things and I get the free shit on the internet. I just go with whatever I have on me haha.

As my my guitars. I own a Dean Exotica Nomad acoustic, some old-ass classical, and an Epiphone SG.