What are you listening to? - Part 9

thebrowncoat

The Receiving End Of Sirens - Venona

This is me delving deeper into the genre of hardcore, or post-hardcore to be more precise. At first, it sounds like normal melodic rock with the occasional breakdown, but if you really concentrate on the music, you can hear some nice tricks here and there. As a background music, like it is for me right now, too bland. This music needs concentration. Luckily the album is almost over. :)

I love that Lion King song that was mentioned somewhere before in this thread. My brother would always sing along to it, but that didn't put me off enough to start disliking the song. The primitive percussions and the hilarious Nazi references are what make the song for me.

Opeth - Ghost Of Perdition

The song is little over 10 minutes long, but...if I was asked to define my perfect song, this would be it. It starts with crushing death metal, but the song goes through so many different transitions and changes that I can't understand how the song manages to sound coherent.

This is one part of the song. Try to get the entire song if you can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28POu4cqWrI

This is a great showcase of what the band has to offer. Now, I know that death metal just might not be everyone's cup of tea here, but try to open up your mind a little, and see what else they are made of besides screaming and growling. You can hear a lot of the softer side if you just listen to the whole thing through.