What are you listening to? - Part 9

thebrowncoat

Pepe Romero's interpretation of Recuerdos De La Alhambra.

Hypnotizing...and I mean it! Once the piece is over, I feel like the world is pulled underneath me. The technique you are hearing is called "tremolo", and it is widely considered a holy grail of classical guitar because of the incredible dedication and practice that is required to learn the skill. You can create some really captivating melody lines with the technique, and at least with me, it feels like a vacuum inside my head once the tremolo stops. I say it again. Hypnotizing.

Marc Anthony & Tina Arena - I Want To Spend My Lifetime Loving You

I went and saw Zorro's Mask in a movie theater as a child, and once the ending credits started, this song came on. I was like :crybad: but I was too young to put my finger on what was so great about it. Now I know! Breathtaking vocal performances by both singers and a seemingly simple, yet so hauntingly beautiful melody line. Just listen to Marc's vibrato and tell me he doesn't feel every note with his whole body and mind! I just recently rediscovered the song when I saw my little brother watch the movie on TV. No matter how harsh my music taste sometimes gets, I will always be a sucker for these sappy ballads. :)

Wow, I just noticed that Tina's voice reminds me of Hayley's! The same kind of really loud singing, full of resonance and ring. I guess there was a little Paramore fan in me as a wee kid. :D