American Idol

WayneFarro

this is the last time i'll bump this till january i promise ;)

From mjsbigblog:

In case you didn’t see the announcement in the So You Think You Can Dance results re-cap, it was announced tonight that FOX will re-run the the American Idol Season 8 Top 13 episode featuring the music of Michael Jackson.

The episode will re-run on Monday at 8pm.

In case you need a refresher, the episode originally aired on March 10. Here’s the track list:

•Lil Rounds - “The Way You Make Me Feel”

•Scott MacIntyre - “Keep the Faith”

•Danny Gokey - “Pretty Young Thing”

•Michael Sarver - “You Are Not Alone”

•Jasmine Murray - “I’ll Be There”

•Kris Allen - “Remember the Time”

•Allison Iraheta - “Give in to Me”

•Anoop Desai - “Beat It”

•Jorge Nunez - “Never Can Say Goodbye”

•Megan Joy Corkrey - “Rockin’ Robin”

•Adam Lambert - “Black and White”•Matt Giraud - “Human Nature”

•Alexis Grace - “Dirty Diana”

source

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

so what do people think of ellen degeneres becoming a judge?

i thought it was a joke at first but i am delighted. i'm a huge fan of hers and i always watch her show when i can (it used to be on during the day but now it's on here at like 6am and we don't get new shows anymore so they show repeats from like 2 years ago which is annoying!) but anyway i love her sooooooo much so yeah i'm so happy. i know she has no music background but she does love her music and she'll add a lot of humour to the show. i can't wait for the next series!!!!

^ I like the idea. Ellen has been an idol fan since day one and will give the voice for the average person screaming at the TV. Plus with three pretty much useless judges , I may actually watch the judges comments instead of just fastforwarding through them on my dvr.

In Other Idol News:

Some of the Idols are sick (lets hope its not swine flu). Kris was so sick that his doctor barred him from performing last night. Lets hope they all feel better soon.

Adam has a song entitled "Time for Miracles" that will be on the 2012 soundtrack (yes, its about the Mayan calender thing). Brian May (Queen) and Meatloaf have said its pretty much gonna be epic. We'll wait and see if this is true cause I don't like the title. Reminds me of something uplifting or a lame AI coronation songs... not something about the end of the world.

Danny has been signed to RCA/Nashville. Don't really see him being successful at country music but I wish him the best of luck.

Kris's album will be out Nov 17th with the first single coming out by the end of the month. Adam's album will come out a week later on Nov. 24th. No word on when Allison's album will come out except for the assumed "late fall" release.

I think thats about it for Idol news, except for tour stuff that I don't care about. Seriously $100 is just way too much for that. I think even the No Doubt/Paramore tour was slightly cheaper than that.

• 3 months later...

bumping this as the season premiere is tonight. i won't be watching it live but i do have it recording.

also, just to let you know, this is simon's last season on AI. this means that most likely after this year AI will die and be replaced by X-Factor.

I'm watching now. The first girl was weird. She thought the judges would love her because she did well in the American Idol video game? Sometimes I wonder if some of these people have any common sense haha.

But I'm actually excited to see Ellen DeGeneres on that show (once the guest judges are no longer on there) because I think Ellen is rad.

• 2 weeks later...

I only watch the auditions. I haven't watched a full season of American or Canadian Idol in years!

So far, these auditions this season have been somewhat funny! Especially the dude singing Womanizer by Britney Spears. I like, spit my drink. :rotfl:

• 2 months later...