American Idol

WayneFarro

http://nz.entertainment.yahoo.com/090522/5/ch77.html

Queen pondering "Idol's" Lambert as frontman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert's performance with rock band Queen on the finale of the TV singing contest this week has the British band thinking about a new front man.

"Amongst all that furor, there wasn't really a quiet moment to talk," Queen guitarist Brian May told Rolling Stone in an interview released Friday.

"But [drummer Roger Taylor] and I are definitely hoping to have a meaningful conversation with [Lambert] at some point. It's not like we, as Queen, would rush into coalescing with another singer just like that. It isn't that easy. But I'd certainly like to work with Adam. That is one amazing instrument he has there," May told the magazine in an e-mail exchange.

Speaking separately, Lambert also reached out to May.

"Queen is one of my all-time favorite bands, I would love to work with him," he said in a conference call with reporters on Friday.

Queen, one of the biggest rock bands of the 1970s and '80s, has not had a permanent frontman since the death of Freddie Mercury in 1991.

The English band recently ended a four-year partnership with Paul Rodgers, the former lead singer in the bands Free and Bad Company.

Lambert, 27, dubbed "Glambert" by fans, lost out in the "American Idol" final to Kris Allen. But his vocal skills and flair for the dramatic made him a good fit for performances with both Queen and glam rockers KISS in the show's finale on Wednesday.

KISS bassist and vocalist Gene Simmons was less effusive about musical theater actor Lambert in the wake of the "Idol" final.

"Respectfully, I don't think Adam is a rock singer," Simmons wrote in a question-and-answer post on his website.

"He sounds much more convincing singing ballads, and Broadway shows," Simmons said. "His voice doesn't seem to have a 'rock quality.' But, I'm sure he's going to do just fine."

what the hell???

really? where did you hear that?

it was posted on the idol forums. i'll google it now and try to find the article (it could've been just a rumor too but they all deserve a record deal.

http://nz.entertainment.yahoo.com/090522/5/ch77.html

KISS bassist and vocalist Gene Simmons was less effusive about musical theater actor Lambert in the wake of the "Idol" final.

"Respectfully, I don't think Adam is a rock singer," Simmons wrote in a question-and-answer post on his website.

"He sounds much more convincing singing ballads, and Broadway shows," Simmons said. "His voice doesn't seem to have a 'rock quality.' But, I'm sure he's going to do just fine."

what the hell???

haha gene simmons says whats on a lot of peoples minds (who aren't too fond of adam).

i'm assuming most of you have watch the news today and know about the voting parties for kris (in which AT&T was involved). it just taints kris' win even more and honestly they probably need to do a revote. first there were problems with the phone lines and now this (which according to some people has been going on since season 5 with Taylor). However, I doubt AI would do such a thing. I now feel sorry for Kris as his win will always be with a ?

• 2 weeks later...
^Seriously, did anyone not know that he was gay?! It seemed pretty obvious to me.

only read the excerpts and it looks like it'll be a good article.

Hey straight boys wear guyliner!:hyper:

exactly..that's why i wasn't sure he was gay. i suspected he was but tbh it doesn't bother me that much. i'm still a huge fan whatever his sexuality.

in other AI news..Allison Iraheta has been signed!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYY!!!!!

still just Danny out of the top 4 yet to be signed :(

• 2 weeks later...

the pocket idol likes Paramore :)

from the oprah.com interview:

SS: What type of music is playing on your iPod?

KA: The hardest question in the world!

SS: Is it?

KA: Yes! Because I seriously listen to everything. I don't have a whole lot on my iPod because, as a musician, I've just got that conscious[ness] that I have to buy music now, so I don’t have a whole lot. I have everything from Kelly Clarkson to Kings of Leon to Paramore to different soundtracks to freaking Britney Spears.

full interview is here