American Idol

WayneFarro

I was Adam all the way! He's been my favorite for the longest. I think Kris butchers most of the songs he sings. For example, when he did Kanye West's Heartless, I thought he killed it completely, it was completely of key and he totally messed up the beginning.

Well, like I said, he wouldn't be where he is now if he didn't have talent. So, meaning, it's not always the correct song choice and stuff like that.

You get what I'm saying?

I guess.

I personally think he had amazing song choices throughout the whole competition. Including Heartless. He made most of the songs his own almost every week. American Idol isn't about doing a carbon copy of the original. Its about establishing your aesthetic.

I know that, but Adam has the vocal skill and originality that Kris lacks, I'd actually listen to Adam's music, unlike what Kris would probably produce. And that's why he was my favorite in my opinion.

See, I'm the exact opposite. I will say that Adam is a good vocalist, but he's not a true musician in my opinion. He's a performer. Whatever Adam produces, I'll have a hard time listening to because half the time I cant even understand what he's saying because his falsetto is so high pitched.

My personal liking is the singer/songwriter type, which is exactly what Kris is. He writes his own music, he plays multiple instruments and he sings clearly. He's not trying to show off his range or anything, his trying to provoke emotion through subtlety.

That's very, very true. I agree with you, but I still find more entertainment in Adam, I've bought all of his performances off of iTunes and their fantastic. See, Adam still has a more uptempo feeling, unlike Kris though.

(Ah crap, I'm just gonna stop, I'm rambling now. I'm pretty much lost the argument anyway...)

Oh, I find Adam entertaining too. He's extremely talented. But I dont think he's something that I could actually see myself listening to for 45 minutes straight (which is typically how long an album is you know). After a while his voice gets on my nerves, but I wont deny his talent.

I got all of Kris's stuff off of iTunes and let me just say that I listen to his stuff on repeat. His voice is very smooth and easy to listen to, though it may be down tempo, its very soothing.

See, I could listen to him continuously, because I do in fact enjoy glamrock (Twisted Sister FTW!). Even though not all of his stuff is like that, like his cover of Ring of Fire (which is my favorite of his).

^ hahaha, I know! The song Kara wrote was horrible.

I'm sick and tired of all these songs about climbing mountains. I dont care if climbing a mountain relates to "life" or whatever. That analogy is like beating a dead horse. I'm done with it.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

^ see, Ring Of Fire was my absolute LEAST favorite of his.

No one, I say NO ONE, should cover Johnny Cash.

he ruined that johnny cash song.

@ Ernie: Adam will do just fine. Its a win-win situation. Kris gets the win and the attention he deserves and Adam gets more control over his album. I honestly would've been worried about Adam's success if he won as 19 is notorious for making artists sound as pop as they possibly can. No doubt he'll probably still sign with the label but since not all bets are on him , he'll have some say in what he records.

^yay more kris love

First off, kris fans don't go into any idol forums right now. They are completely out of control. I think Adam and Kris would both be ashamed of whats going on there right now.

Secondly,I listened to the studio version of No Boundaries and its actually really good. Anyone who can make a crap song sound good has some major talent :). I think I'm gonna get the pass tomorrow when I have money.

i was a massive adam fan from the start, so i was dissapointed when kris won but then i was thinking...

from this adam he can come out with his own ROCK album (if thats what he chooses to do, not a stupid cheesy one like the American Idol disc.

He will also have thousands of people trying to sign him to their label so not only does he get to choose the best but he will most likely have better producers and such.

sorry if that pisses anyone off

I watched this so sometimes. I really liked Adam so I though he'd win! :)

And I don't even know who the other guy is... so I think Adam is probably better! :D

But well it doesn't matter, he'll get a record deal elsewhere and he can do his record probably more quietly than Kris. ;-)

i'm a huuge Adam fan. I think Kris is great too though. So kudos to him for winning. Adam has won my heart though <3

can't stop staring at the ani in your sig. its so hilarious.

i was a massive adam fan from the start, so i was dissapointed when kris won but then i was thinking...

from this adam he can come out with his own ROCK album (if thats what he chooses to do, not a stupid cheesy one like the American Idol disc.

He will also have thousands of people trying to sign him to their label so not only does he get to choose the best but he will most likely have better producers and such.

sorry if that pisses anyone off

i heard that all the top 4 are gonna sign with 19....