Ghosts

RenegadeRoss

Quite an interesting subject i think. What i want to know is do you believe in them? and your reasons why you do or dont

Personally, i do believe in them. What form they appear in, i dont know, but i do believe they appear.

Certainly, i think they are are far more beliveable than aliens/spaceships

yep I believe in ghosts. I think I used to see them as a kid too. My mum went to this Clairvoyance and all the woman talked about was me. Apparently, I have these weird spirit guide things and the description she gave of one of them was an exact match to the one I used to see as a kid. I don't actually remember seeing this ghost but apparently I used to talk about it all the time to my mum. He used to make funny faces in the window at me lol :D

Scary stuff though.....

Thats quite cool Becca, albeit scary indeed!

i believe ive seen one too, its what prompted me to start this.

When i was 13, i went on a school trip to York and York is the most haunted place in Britain apparently, because of where its situated used to be an old roman battle ground i think?

Anyway, we were all going to sleep, there was 8 of us in the one room because it was a hostel we stayed in. Around half 1 or 2 in the morning, Chris, closest to the window, screamed "ahhhhhhhh, theres a fucking face at the window!"

and we all woke up, and i was like wtf? but i saw it in the split second i looked at the window., such a fright that i got, i dived under my covers, totally shaking, It was like a guy with a metal shield/hat on, like a roman soldier. it dissapeared very quickly apparently, but to this day every one of us in that room insist we saw a ghost in the window.

i don't know really. though something happened a couple of years ago that makes me think they're real. we were driving home in the dark in an area with no streetlights, and we drove past someone standing at what looked like a bus stop. we were like "wtf.. theres someone out there", we just drove past but we noticed they had alot of stuff, my sister's sure it was an old woman though. we forgot about it til a few months later when we drove past it again and there was no bus stop, in fact there wasn't even any grass next to the road, so she must have been standing inside the field with the gate around it. its so weird.

i'm not really sure. ever since we moved into our new house, my mom says she's seen/felt weird things and she thinks we have a ghost. it's kind of weird; she calls him marvin to make him feel welcomed in the house lol. but anyway, a couple months into us living here, she woke up in the middle of the night hearing screaming. we didn't think too much of it, but then she woke up again when she was asleep on the couch and said she saw a man's face engulfed in flames in our tv. the tv was off. she saw him again a couple of weeks ago (without the flames). she's also felt her bed shake (i've attributed that to passing cars... i get it too it's not too freaky). and the most bizarre happening was in broad daylight when she and her boyfriend were in her room playing video games they heard the pop of a cork from a bottle in the other room. they went into the other room to find a brand new tequila bottle open and half of the tequila gone (and neither my sister nor i were home, so it wasn't us :P). kind of bizarre stuff, but as long as he doesn't hurt us i don't mind sharing a house with him!

i dont believe in ghosts

i believe that when you die thats it

you just die

i believe this because of sleep

when i fall asleep i dont dream its just blackness until i wake up

i believe that when you die its just blackness but you never wake up

It makes sense, but it's extremely depressing, obviously.

personally i don't know if i believe them or not. i always say i will believe in them if i see one. yet, i don't wanna see any, cause they would scare me to death.

me too

i honestly dont know what id do

id probably cry

i cant watch ghost shows or anything on tv because i get SO paranoid

like shadows will start freaking me out, and ill hear things, and small movements will make me jump

i'm just so easily paranoid, its horrible

haha

i dont believe in ghosts

i believe that when you die thats it

you just die

i believe this because of sleep

when i fall asleep i dont dream its just blackness until i wake up

i believe that when you die its just blackness but you never wake up

Is death like a long Haiku?

I've never seen one, but I'm not insisting that they DON'T exist. I'll remain my usual skeptical self unless I get to see one myself.

Kailey scraped the surface of what I was gonna say already. I do get a little jumpy after watching horror films alone at night, since I'm involuntarily making my mind connect ordinary things differently than I would normally do. I start to get scared of things that I would normally shrug off my shoulder as if nothing had happened. I think most ghost sightings are a result of this, a result of the mind seeing what it wants to see and then clinging onto it, disregarding every other possibility of what it actually saw. It's the same with optical illusions. You think you see something which isn't actually there, but sometimes it takes someone else to point it out to you before you realize it, because your mind has already made up it's *cough* mind about the reality. We all know how easily our eyes can be tricked!

That said, I don't think ghost sightings started from nothing. It's just that someone sees a ghost, and then *BAM* suddenly they are everywhere. So there might be actual ghosts mixed in there somewhere, but definitely a hefty load of "I SAW LASERZ DRIPPING OUT OF IT'S MOUTH" as well.

Funny we should mention this, what appears in the news this morning? but this...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Ghost-Captured-On-CCTV-At-Croxteth-Hall-Liverpool/Article/200904115257658

That to me.. i donno what that looks like.. that could just be like...i dont know. something drifting in the air if its windy ?