AP.net Band Tournament - Vote Paramore!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An awfully bold statement to make considering Oasis has been around since 1993 and Paramore has been around since 2004. I don't think we know who will ultimately prove to be more "important."

I could argue all Oasis has ever done is knock off the Beatles, repeatedly. I like them, but I don't think they're that "important" to modern music.

And that's not the poll's question anyway. The question is "who's your favorite?"

If you were from Britain, I'm sure you would realize that Oasis is more than a band- they signify a whole era of music and change in Britain. So yes, they are important.

And I could argue that all Paramore do is put female vocals to sub-par instrumentals, and that they are jumping on the emo-pop bandwagon.

Anyway, I'm sure the users of AP will do the right thing. Although the unneccesarily tenacious Paromore fans (predomintaley Hayley-bumming girls) will probably flock in their thousands to voted for Paramore.

Bearing in mind that I still think Oasis are shit, but Paramore aren't deserving of winning over them (imo)

An awfully bold statement to make considering Oasis has been around since 1993 and Paramore has been around since 2004. I don't think we know who will ultimately prove to be more "important."

I could argue all Oasis has ever done is knock off the Beatles, repeatedly. I like them, but I don't think they're that "important" to modern music.

And that's not the poll's question anyway. The question is "who's your favorite?"

Are you kidding Oasis are one of the biggest and most important bands in Britain, especially over the 'Britpop' period. Without them, there wouldn't be anything like what we have now.

Having said that they only have 2/3 good albums but the fact that, but as James said (only just read his post :lol:), they represent a whole era of British music

Are you kidding Oasis are one of the biggest and most important bands in Britain, especially over the 'Britpop' period. Without them, there wouldn't be anything like what we have now.

Having said that they only have 2/3 good albums but the fact that, but as James said (only just read his post :lol:), they represent a whole era of British music

Cheers!

*mutters about ignorant yanks*