Guro's Graphics

Guro

Okay, so this is what you'll do in PS3, same thing in CS4.

1) Start by importing the video you want to use; it has to be .mpeg I think.

th_1-8.jpg

2) Then you'll get this dialog box, choose the options you want, but make sure that make frame animation is checked! That is really important!

th_2-7.jpg

3) To get the animation window, do what is shown on the image under.

th_3-2.jpg

4) Click on the are that's marked yellow on the picture below, and that dialog box will open.

th_5-2.jpg

5) Choose what's highlighted.

th_6-2.jpg

6) Now all the layers will be in the animation. Click on play to watch it. If want all the layers, skip this part. If you don't want all the layers start by marking all the layers you don't want in the layers palette. As you can see then, they will disappear from the animation as well. So now you will have to delete that animation by doing what's shown below.

th_7-3.jpg

7) Repeat step 5) to get the new animation to show up.

8-) Now open the dialog box like in step 4) and click on 'select all frames'.

9) If you've watched the animation, you probably have seen that's it too fast. So now we will adjust the time. Click on the area marked with yellow.

th_9-3.jpg

10) Click on other to write the time you want.

th_10-1.jpg

11) Write in the time you want, you'll have to try out different times to find what matches good. On this one I'll use 0,09.

th_11-1.jpg

12) If you don't want the animation to be faded in to black, jump to step 18). If you want it to fade to black, start by duplicate the last frame.

th_12-2.jpg

Now make a new layer on top of the other, and fill it with the color you want. You should also make a layer on the bottom with the same color.

th_13-1.jpg

13) As you can see, the whole animation is now black. To fix this, start with selecting all the frames.

th_14-1.jpg

15) Now that all of them is selected, click on the eye in the layers palette, so that they won't be shown. Then mark the last frame, and click on where the eye usually is to make it show up.

th_15-2.jpg

16) Click on the marked area.

th_16-2.jpg

17) Now you will get this dialog box. Make sure that 'next layer' is marked. The rest you can choose like you want.

th_17-2.jpg

18 ) Now it's time to save it.

th_18-2.jpg

19) Make sure GIF is chosen in this step. And then save it.

th_19-1.jpg

The animation I made making this, is this one (:

coryy.gif

If you need anymore help, just ask! :)

• Like 1

Haha, it's no problem guys.

Lara; what program do you use? it would be a good idea to cut the video before, to only the part you want. It's easier that way. Not sure why it's white though. Did you try re-start the program? That usually works for me, I've had the same problem a few times.

Haha, it's no problem guys.

Lara; what program do you use? it would be a good idea to cut the video before, to only the part you want. It's easier that way. Not sure why it's white though. Did you try re-start the program? That usually works for me, I've had the same problem a few times.

Nah, it's always like that. I'm using Photoshop CS3.

I just don't know why it won't recognize any other file besides an AVI, cause the ones you import are MPEGs right? :) It won't let me open MPEGs :/

I love it :D thanks! I'll change it when i get home from work ^^

i forgot to ask yesterday but could you maybe make an avatar that macthes? hehe

Glad you like it! :) And sure!

Whoa!! that signature is amazing O___O I love itttt.

Guro, could you possibly make a logo for me? your graphics are so amazing :hyper:

Aw, thank you! ;)

What kinda logo do you need?

Glad you like it! :) And sure!

Aw, thank you! ;)

What kinda logo do you need?

Well i reallllyyyyyy like how you did your signature, and sandra's signature, the way they're like on the texture xD so sorta like that. it's for my site ^^ I'm not sure if you said yes yet, so i'll just wait for your reply if its ok C:

Well you can choose if you want ;D i'd probably just get stuck staring at pictures with the "i can't decide" face on. Anyway, I liked the way you have your signatures, how hayley and jeremy is on the texture and stuff like i mentioned before. I was wondering if you could make me something like that, with various pictures, and with sort of a 'demonic/evil/dark' look to the logo as well. but not any live/singing shots, mostly just pictures of hayley. if that'd be ok C: And for the text would it be okay if it said "Cross my heart, hope to make it out alive". <3

I'm sorry guys, but my laptop is broken. I'm not sure when it'll be fixed(or if I can get a new one). I'm gonna be gone for a week from tomorrow aswell, so I can't make anything before next saturday at the earliest. :/

EDIT: Looks like I'm not getting my laptop back in at least three weeks. So not any new graphics from me for a while. Meh, it sucks!