Ignorance Video Shoot

OliDayyy

i just really want to see this already.

when is it being released?

According to this Yahoo answers page, the Ignorance music video is set to be released on 3rd August which is today so I guess that's wrong. Someone else answered saying it is due out sometime this month so I'm guessing mid-late August.

^ They recorded it less than two weeks ago. Music videos usually take about a month to edit and prepare, so I'd expect it in another few weeks. Whoever said August 3rd was just wrong.

i'm just confused because, I thought videos were supposed to aid the promo for a single & boost it's chart position. The single has already been released though..... hmm. not really much point in a video now!

It'll be good promo for the entire album by the time it hits tv.

No, it should be on the radio too. The FBR Street Team is all over calling stations to play the song.

Videos usually come after the single is released, especially since Ignorance was released in July and the album doesn't come out until September. They have to stagger it so that people don't lose interest.

yeah, but its only released on download right now, right?

Yes, but I've not heard anything about a physical release.

Personal opinion:

To be honest, I'd be surprised if it was released physically at this stage considering how much of an onus there is now on digital downloads. Florence and the Machine got top 20 here and only sold 16 physical copies. The longer you leave a release after a download is available, the less likely it is to sell. Which is why albums that leak (case in point: Thrice's Beggars) get pushed up so as not to seriously detract from sales.

Wow, I must be bored.

... aye. however, not a lot of paramore 'fans' i know in my.. social circles, so to speak, even know this song exists (or at least they didnt 'til 've asked 'have you heard ignorance' and theyre like whiitt)

No, it should be on the radio too. The FBR Street Team is all over calling stations to play the song.

Videos usually come after the single is released, especially since Ignorance was released in July and the album doesn't come out until September. They have to stagger it so that people don't lose interest.

ah, thats not the way in works in the UK though. tends go (some) airplay - video - download release - physical release.

i havent heard it on the radio here yet. bbc radio one will probably be the first major station to play it, considering decode was on their C playlist and they still play misery business from time to time.

^ Got it. Well, to answer your other question then, it has been released as a physical single in the US too, so I'm sure a UK release will be happening soon... although, I think I recall someone saying it won't be until September.

So it probably will be radio - video - single release.

if they shot it in july i dont think we'd have to wait all the way til september. id say mid august

because i was suposse to be in a music video last year and it shot in november and came out a few weeks- a month later

Haha, it's okay.

Yeah, I'm curious to see what it's like. I don't remember who the director is, but they said they've done stuff with Rage Against the Machine and stuff, so it should be awesome. :)

Haha, it's okay.

Yeah, I'm curious to see what it's like. I don't remember who the director is, but they said they've done stuff with Rage Against the Machine and stuff, so it should be awesome. :)

Oh! Cool!

It's not the old director again.

idk what his name is.

xP

In the interwiev I heard something like "Tim called Honey" :P or idk, I can't hear it, as I said I'm polish so my english's not very good ;)

Close, it's a team called Honey. :)

Here are some pages that list their videography:

http://www.mvdbase.com/tech.php?last=Honey

http://www.partizan.com/partizan/musicvideos/?honey/videography

Looking at this, and knowing what some of these videos are like, it should be pretty cool and different.