How the years have flown.

jchurch004

Over 7,000 people on here now?!?!

For those of you who don't know, my name is Jarrod. I've jumped on and off the boards a few times here and there the past couple years, but before that, I was all over this joint. Back then, there couldnt have been much more than 100-200 people. It seemed like everybody knew everybody. Some got along better than others, obviously.

Now I'm not one of those guys (or girls), people in general, that start hating a band when they get famous. I actually love paramore even more now that they are. They are a remarkable band and ever-so life changing. Now I have done my best to keep up with every little detail about them over the past 4 years, but it definitely does get tough, especially now being a grown up with all that job BS and responsibilities crap (lmao, brent idk how you do it shithead).

=]

I guess the main reason I am making this "off topic" post (and don't move it lol, that bugs me) is that I wanted to re address the fact that I am just as "obsessed" with the band as i ever was...and i use obsessed lightly...i don't stalk, jeez. They have changed my life in more ways than one. I made great friends, and even found someone who I probably will never ever go another day without...suzie...so diego and alyssa can suck it for taking the award for best couple on the boards those years ago! lol. Kristina, Thief, Lisa, Rachna, Diego, and all those other early birds are all forever in my heart. Even the few I blew up on that one time. I do apologize for that, and now that I've grown up a little I can say that it was dumb to make such a big fuss over the mess. You are all good friends to me because we all shared this community at a time when you could yahoo search "Hayley Williams" all day long and not get a hold of one effing picture! haha!

I just want to thank all of you for making this place so great. It really did change my life, and we owe it all to paramore. Thank you to the band and thank you to everyone here...even the people I dont even know...cuz theres alot of you. 7,000 something to be exact.

k im done

=]

p.s. that note about suzie up there actually means we have been dating for a while now, lol.

• Like 4

Awww, that was a really nice post and it was also very nice of you to share your thoughts.

Glad you decided to do that. Thanks for sticking around.

I'm also happy that you're still a big fan of Paramore, everyone changes and you've got to get with it too. =)

Anyway, yeah. +rep for you. :D

I have a similar sort of story though not to do with Paramore, but along the same lines.

For the UK fans (or anyone that knows for that matter) i've followed Girls Aloud since about 2002 and started going to shows and such in around early 2005. I made some amazing friends through the forums and random shows and all. It seems weird that I was 13 when it all started and im going on 20 now.

It's weird when you can more or less trace your entire teenage years to one thing!

but yeah I ventured faar too offtopic so ignore me =]

aw. hey i remember you!

yes, '06 was definitely a fun time here in the boards.

i really miss all the people from that era.lol

but hey, it's great that you're still a big paramore fan and that things are looking good for you. this was a very nice update.

made me feel all nostalgic.

:D

and y'don't sound too impressed about that fact huh :P

i remember everyone that i saw on here before and after i started on here. i used to read all the posts like months before i joined and when i finally joined i made sure to try and get into conversations with everyone. whether i did or not with you i cannot remember. but no im not impressed with my ability to remember people. im just glad to see you still around =]

that, i am impressed with lol.