Shouldn't there be an age limit on the boards?

the1

Do you think there should be an age limit of 13?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you think there should be an age limit of 13?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Doesn't bother me. So basically above, but I just don't have opinions cos I'm boring.
    • Stop complaining, you little bitch

^ thanks. finally, a teenager that doesn't wanna get rid of me. and, yup. shouldn't matter.

i don't think anyone's trying to single you out

we mean in general

or at least i do

you might be comfortable with the stuff that goes on here but some other younger kids might not

and like james pointed out, the majority of the forum shouldn't have to constantly censor themselves for a minor few kids

that's the way i see it anyway

i don't think anyone's trying to single you out

we mean in general

or at least i do

you might be comfortable with the stuff that goes on here but some other younger kids might not

and like james pointed out, the majority of the forum shouldn't have to constantly censor themselves for a minor few kids

that's the way i see it anyway

yes exactly

True, this was not one of those times I guess haha.

hahahaha ;-)

I don't like capitalizing words. well, I capitalize I cause that was burned into my brain at a young age. I'm just too lazy to press shift. and, the whole thing about teenagers wanting to get rid of me, everyone in real life like down talks me like I'm still 5. people here are actually ok with an eleven year old speaking to them, sorta.

I don't like capitalizing words. well, I capitalize I cause that was burned into my brain at a young age. I'm just too lazy to press shift. and, the whole thing about teenagers wanting to get rid of me, everyone in real life like down talks me like I'm still 5. people here are actually ok with an eleven year old speaking to them, sorta.

I didn't even know how old you were until about 10 minutes ago tbh. I rarely ever look over to peoples info.

i dont think anyone is talking about you in specific (im not). youre pretty awesome

it's just some kids your age cant take a joke or have shit-fits everytime someone curses or says penis or something

i kinda think there should be just cause i think there is stuff brought up on the boards sometimes that younger kids don't really need to see/read. also, i wouldn't swear or anything in front of a young kid in public, i don't really want to have to watch what i say on here either. it's not that i want to get rid of the younger kids on here and i know a lot of the kids on here probably don't care about the swears or "more mature" stuff (i'm sure it's nothing they haven't heard on the school bus anyway). im just thinking of what's appropriate.

even if there was a limit it wouldn't change anything anyway. they can always lie to register or just enter as a guest and still read all the posts so i guess it doesn't really make a difference.

i kinda think there should be just cause i think there is stuff brought up on the boards sometimes that younger kids don't really need to see/read. also, i wouldn't swear or anything in front of a young kid in public, i don't really want to have to watch what i say on here either. it's not that i want to get rid of the younger kids on here and i know a lot of the kids on here probably don't care about the swears or "more mature" stuff (i'm sure it's nothing they haven't heard on the school bus anyway). im just thinking of what's appropriate.

even if there was a limit it wouldn't change anything anyway. they can always lie to register or just enter as a guest and still read all the posts so i guess it doesn't really make a difference.

yes i agree with you.

changing the age limit wont really make a difference because people can lie and plus older kids freak out about cursing and things like that too so there would be no point

If a kid didn't want to read something, they really don't have to. I think a age limit would be unfair, cause sure, some kids are pretty immature when it comes to some words, but others are fine with it. I've been on loads of different boards since I was 7. Swear words don't bother me, cause I'm used to it.

If a kid didn't want to read something, they really don't have to. I think a age limit would be unfair, cause sure, some kids are pretty immature when it comes to some words, but others are fine with it. I've been on loads of different boards since I was 7. Swear words don't bother me, cause I'm used to it.

yes i understand that they dont bother you but they do bother others.

the age limit isnt going to be changed anyway so there really isnt a reason to get all defensive and if it is i doubt they'd kick you off since you're already on here and cool 8-)

great example:

some people are like "oh my god hayley said shit!" in the song teenagers lmfao

:nono:

great example:

some people are like "oh my god hayley said shit!" in the song teenagers lmfao

:nono:

Yeah lol

People have mentioned "mature" things which I'm assuming relates to sex and all that, but I know people who's kids are now getting taught sex education at the age of 10 in schools so generally speaking the only thing people could possibly be offended by would be swearing/cursing and I don't think that's a big deal really. Swearing is pretty much in normal conversations.. or here in the UK anyway. I know things are different in other countries though.

I personally think its a matter of opinion.

I mean, who can truly say what a curse word is? I mean, under the right circumstance anything can be. If you ask me saying shoot or crap is just the same as saying shit, you're just covering your ass to make yourself look better even though everyone knows you really mean to say shit.

But thats just my opinion.