Your Thoughts On Attraction/Image/Life...

the1

hahaha, nice ;-)

yeah, i think that's where i was going

like, if someone intimidates me because i think they're funnier than i am, or smarter than i am, or more interesting than i am, those are attractive qualities

they still intimidate me but it's more of admiration thing

But see, you're a girl. Intimidation is part of the male attraction. But if a guy is intimidated by a girl, it ain't good haha

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. As soon as you're intimidated by a girl then you might as well lob your nuts off and hand them back.

:crybad:

Dude, when someone way out of your "league" (I dont believe in that shit anymore, but I did) comes after you, you automatically assume that it's the Truman Show.

If someone way out of my league came after me, she can have me. :lol:

Yeah but when they turn out to be just all around dissapointing, you are...dissapoint. For lack of a better word....shit sucks yo. Shit was also ages ago so I dunno why I am bringing it up haha. Bring on UNI!!!

Yeah but when they turn out to be just all around dissapointing, you are...dissapoint. For lack of a better word....shit sucks yo. Shit was also ages ago so I dunno why I am bringing it up haha. Bring on UNI!!!

So fuck if they're disappointing, enjoy the ride:wink:. The way I see it is beggars can't be choosers and I'll take what I can get.

.............within reason. :shifty:

So fuck if they're disappointing, enjoy the ride:wink:. The way I see it is beggars can't be choosers and I'll take what I can get.

.............within reason. :shifty:

But if their style of making out invloves a tongue transforming into a snake that will stop and nothing to slither it's way into your oesophagus and stomach, you just say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

MY organs.

This is a good topic James, I dig.

Well, yeah, a bit of history, I was never the cool guy at school, so obviously girls never wanted to be around me.

Until I was 16 I was never told I was good looking by any girl, and me being the depressed, Mr Negative pants I was (and to an extent, still am) I didn't believe her.

Come 18 years old, finally I was a 'popular guy', getting invited to parties and stuff, and of course by then girls wanted to be around me finally and I was getting told I was good looking often that I actually got the confidence in myself to believe I'm a fairly good looking guy.

So yeah anyway, more to do with the OP in question, well honestly part of the reason why I never had a girlfriend until I was 18 was because prior to then the only girls that really liked me were, well. just not not attractive for me enough physically.

I just couldn't really fathom the idea I'd be going out with a girl that I couldn't look at and genuinely say "She's a pretty girl".

Do I think this is a result of me being 'shallow'?

I just believe it's personal preference. I've always been a person who really analyzes things and thinks and looks for details others might not see, so I hardly think I'm 'shallow'.

2 years ago, I went out with a girl, fairly pretty although not the hottest girl in the world, and as much as I kinda didn't like myself for it, I would often look at her best friend, who was downright HOT and thought "Why didn't I go for her instead?".

I also tend to prefer 'emo-ish' (for a lack of a better word' and just girls that prefer rock music as well. Most of the girls I've hooked up with, except for about one, in the last 2 years were pretty much all emo-ish kinda girls.

Again, I think it's just down purely to personal preference.

Would I go for a girl (as in go out with them) based solely on looks? Absolutely no way. There's gotta be an emotional aspect beyond the purely primitive 'male penis' line of thought for me to want to properly go out with them.

And yep, about the finding yourself attractive thing, well before I was 18 I had zero self confidence, hence didn't get girls really.

I'm still not the most confident personal and I'm still plagued with depression to an extent which doesn't help my confidence/self esteem, but I've got to a point where I realize I can probably have a girl if I go for it in a confident manner.

Dude, when someone way out of your "league" (I dont believe in that shit anymore, but I did) comes after you, you automatically assume that it's the Truman Show.

Fuck me, do I know the "out of your league" feeling. That was with me for a long time, but once you get the confidence that crap goes away and you can generally get what you want.

Looks matter, anyone who says they don't is talking bullshit. The amount of times people have said to me "You do have a great personality though." Yes, personality is VERY important, but it's all about first impressions people. You could walk next to someone in the street who is practically MADE for you, but if there's nothing there physically then you've missed out.

I don't even know what I'm talking about here... People I fall for tend to be geeky, adorable and hilarious. To certain people, they may think I go for the "ugly" ones, but to me, the ugly ones are guys stuck up their own asses who spend more time in front of the mirror than building a half-way interesting opinion on something.

I certainly like something to look at, but if after five minutes you've yet to make me laugh, well, I'm officially no longer interested.

Looks are important, just not as much so as personality.

(I'm aware I may have contradicted myself here.)

This is a good topic James, I dig.

Well, yeah, a bit of history, I was never the cool guy at school, so obviously girls never wanted to be around me.

Until I was 16 I was never told I was good looking by any girl, and me being the depressed, Mr Negative pants I was (and to an extent, still am) I didn't believe her.

Come 18 years old, finally I was a 'popular guy', getting invited to parties and stuff, and of course by then girls wanted to be around me finally and I was getting told I was good looking often that I actually got the confidence in myself to believe I'm a fairly good looking guy.

So yeah anyway, more to do with the OP in question, well honestly part of the reason why I never had a girlfriend until I was 18 was because prior to then the only girls that really liked me were, well. just not not attractive for me enough physically.

I just couldn't really fathom the idea I'd be going out with a girl that I couldn't look at and genuinely say "She's a pretty girl".

Do I think this is a result of me being 'shallow'?

I just believe it's personal preference. I've always been a person who really analyzes things and thinks and looks for details others might not see, so I hardly think I'm 'shallow'.

2 years ago, I went out with a girl, fairly pretty although not the hottest girl in the world, and as much as I kinda didn't like myself for it, I would often look at her best friend, who was downright HOT and thought "Why didn't I go for her instead?".

I also tend to prefer 'emo-ish' (for a lack of a better word' and just girls that prefer rock music as well. Most of the girls I've hooked up with, except for about one, in the last 2 years were pretty much all emo-ish kinda girls.

Again, I think it's just down purely to personal preference.

Would I go for a girl (as in go out with them) based solely on looks? Absolutely no way. There's gotta be an emotional aspect beyond the purely primitive 'male penis' line of thought for me to want to properly go out with them.

And yep, about the finding yourself attractive thing, well before I was 18 I had zero self confidence, hence didn't get girls really.

I'm still not the most confident personal and I'm still plagued with depression to an extent which doesn't help my confidence/self esteem, but I've got to a point where I realize I can probably have a girl if I go for it in a confident manner.

Fuck me, do I know the "out of your league" feeling. That was with me for a long time, but once you get the confidence that crap goes away and you can generally get what you want.

Cool story, bro...

...I'm totally kidding. I know what you mean...but there's always gonna have to be compromise I guess- rarely does anyone find everything they want in a person, it's just gotta be good>bad.

And yeah, I just kept thinking "Are they fucking with me??" lol

Yeah, definitely compromises to be made, and that's totally fair, I mean, fuck, I'm hardly Mr Perfect and don't think anyone is and if anyone thinks so they need to get the fuck off their high horse anyway.

I'd expect any girl to have to live with whatever negative aspects of myself that I have just like I do theirs.

i would consider my self attractive. i dont hate what i see but when ever i find my self with someone i like i dont act like how i think i look. when ever im put in that situation i always think im still 12 going through my ugly phase and that i really shouldnt be here. even though im 16 and i know its not true (i dont kno does that even make sense).

but what is attractive is the physical and what on the inside. i mean this one guy is just cute and at first i didnt find him to be that great but after awhile when you start to know someone they look ALOT better just cuase of there personality. so now this this guy is cute and i like him thanks to his personality.

but sometimes ive met reaaly hot guys with no personality. then i dont find them attractive.

so its both.