MUSIC RECCOMENDATION WEEK 1: James (the1)

the1

Here we go guys- first week!

So, the aim of this is to introduce people to new music that they may not have heard otherwise. I'm gonna whore out 2 great up and coming UK bands that I think should be heard and enjoyed/endured by all! Please be sure to listen to all of the links and leave your positive/negative response in the replies!

First up:

YOUNG GUNS

Untitled-1_01.jpg

These guys hail from High Wycombe and play an energetic charge of rock channeling the likes of Lostprophets, Funeral For A Friend and The Blackout. It's fun, catchy music that isn't quite Stadium-sized but is epic all the same. Recently having got onto a few big tours has turned a fair few hairs and it's fair to say that, despite only having 4 songs on their EP "Mirrors", Young Guns will release one of the most anticipated UK rock albums of 2010.

Youtube vids:

I've whored out this EP about 8 times in the last 2 weeks that I saw them with Lostprophets. Fantastic live band and sure to get a party goin'!

Next, I introduce to you DEAF HAVANA

deafhavana300.jpg

Deaf Havana hail from Norfolk (my birthplace!) and play a beautiful cacophony of Gallows/Ghost Of A Thousand hardcore blended with the melodies of Chasing Saftey- era Underoath. Great, intense stuff, their second EP "It's Called The Easy Life" has been under my close scrutiny for the past week and I'm loving it- it's got a rough edge but still retains the party vibe- and the melodic vocals soar with the catchy-as-fuck choruses serving as a nice contradiction to the growling verses.

Youtube Links:

(From the upcoming LP)

Both these bands are touring together from this month on, so any UK-ers should get there- bound to be a good time.

So, that's me signing out! Hope you enjoy the bands- if not, feel free to slag them and my shitty taste off in the replies! ;-)

The Weight of the World - Sounds very similar to that Lostprophets song for which I can't remember the name, especially in the chorus :P But it's a good track, can definitely see myself listening to it 8/10

In The Night - I reallyyyyyyyyyy like this one, can't place my finger on what it is.. Great tune though 9/10

Friends Like These - The one that actually sings turns this into a kind of... Pop-punk Alexisonfire for me, he's just got that kind of voice! It's a pretty awesome tune, starting to get annoyed that the Facebar is 16+ 8/10

Oh Howard, You Crack Me Up - First thing I notice is that one of the guitarists has the same shirt on as in Friends Like These, laundry isn't that high on their agenda obviously :P But also the song is great 8/10

This Afternoon was a Total Disaster - Good song, don't like it as much as the other 2 though.. Shot on the WATO tour as well! Nice.. 7/10

We should probably make a rule where you can't intentionally slag off someones music reccomendation (unless someone posts Brokencyde or some day glow shitty electronic band).

:rotfl:

But that's the fun of it!

Anyway, not to be rude, but could we put this kinda discussion on the Off Topic thread? It's just cos otherwise we end up spamming and losing the threads purpose.

This also needs sticky- mods?

:rotfl:

But that's the fun of it!

Anyway, not to be rude, but could we put this kinda discussion on the Off Topic thread? It's just cos otherwise we end up spamming and losing the threads purpose.

This also needs sticky- mods?

Alright sorry James.

Both those bands are meah and not for me. Thanks for posting though (see im nice) :P

James, I'm really liking both bands.

Normally I'm not into the stuff that Deaf Havana plays (screamo of a sense) but the melodies are really good, and I like it. Like you said in your description the Only Chasing Safety vibe is there and I think thats why I'm drawn to it.

I've actually heard of Young Guns before, I just never listened to them and I'm glad I gave them a chance. Really enjoyable.

Good choices.

Can't see it personally, the Gallows have a bit more about them than this band. But hey it's good to have difference of opinions when talking about music :D

I think alot of the riffs are in the same key/similar keys, but Gallows are far harder.

I mean, one of the songs off of the EP that I didn't post sounds so similar to Six Years...