Should the next Paramore Video be directed by Shane Drake?

Minty Mouth

Well, I for one think that Misery Business, Emergency, and Crushrushcrush are some of the best music videos out there, never mind for paramore, and Shane Drake directed them all, coincidence?

Ignorance was okay, but It lacked the edge that Shane puts on the videos. Do you think Paramore should use Shane Drake for their next music video? If it means another great Paramore video, I will pay for him myself :P

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No it wasn't, it was pretty funny actually. :P

You're just jealous because you're too old to be in high school with all the pretty cheerleaders. Don't pick on Miz Biz for that ...

prick

:mrgreen:

I must apologise then for having an opinion that the video was shit. Because quite frankly it was in my opinion.

P.S. You're a tit ;-)

Personally, I think they should use a completely new director. Someone fresh with lots of ideas...y'know? I think there needs to be something different rather than the band performing in a room. I guess it depends on the song itself, but more of a story should be told in their videos.

I apologize if that was full of crap. I've spent the past 3 or so hours writing an English essay. I'm all written out.

I quite liked the way MB actually told a story with it's music video, I'd like for the next Paramore single to be similar in that way. Just makes it more interesting.

I dont care about the story. I just think the way the camera moved around, and the different shots of the Band performing from many angles were really put together well.

Haha. Well If you think it was messy go out and do it better. Compare the music video to many others out there where the camera work is uninspired and bland, Where the lighting is same old same old....

Oh, believe me, give me three years at uni and i full well plan on doing everything to do with music videos, lighting and filming better than shane drake.

and i actually can't figure it out; have you even seen these videos ...? the lighting is same old, same old. the whole of them are just so predictable, i don't understand what makes you think they're something special ? please provide some examples; i'm not closed on this, you understand, i'm open to have you change my mind ! but i can't see it happening so far

Oh, believe me, give me three years at uni and i full well plan on doing everything to do with music videos, lighting and filming better than shane drake.

and i actually can't figure it out; have you even seen these videos ...? the lighting is same old, same old. the whole of them are just so predictable, i don't understand what makes you think they're something special ? please provide some examples; i'm not closed on this, you understand, i'm open to have you change my mind ! but i can't see it happening so far

I guess If you dont like them, you dont like them. I dont know what I can do other than tell you to watch the music videos (which you've already done, many times)

go out and do it better.

oh, also, whilst i'm in the argue-y debate-y mood, i'd just like to tell you how much i hate that back point. seriously ? it's like going, "oh i don't really like mozart's symphony" "go do it better then", oh, really ? no. because i don't know how, but at the same time, i don't claim to be able to do so either.

somethingsomething. just sayin' !

Well....Sorry I had to leave for a minute :P

oh, also, whilst i'm in the argue-y debate-y mood, i'd just like to tell you how much i hate that back point. seriously ? it's like going, "oh i don't really like mozart's symphony" "go do it better then", oh, really ? no. because i don't know how, but at the same time, i don't claim to be able to do so either.

somethingsomething. just sayin' !

Sorry, you misunderstood my point by posting that. For the most Part I agree with you. I hate that argument. What I meant was, if you had a little taste of making a moving image project, you would realise how hard it is to even achieve the "generic shots" you condemn in the videos. Its actually hard to explain, but its like Analysing poetry. If you have no background in literature, you can be given a poem and be told to extrapolate the Authors emotions and meanings from the piece, and think "What the hell? Theres nothing to analyse here" But if you've spent years of your life studying Poems, you'll be ablle to pick apart every nuance of meaning from each word the poet uses. TO the inexperienced it will look like you are pulling things right out of your arse, but to the expert it will all make sense.

Although I am not an expert in Cinematography. But I have had some experience :P

One of the reasons that I may have a more positive outlook on the videos might be because Ive seen them hundreds of times, probably verging on thousands. I spend a lot of time making YouTUbe videos and projects ETC, stuff Like unofficial music videos where you have to match Hayleys voice to her lips in the clips. Not easy, and you have to watch every video repeatedly, paying utmost attention to every shot. Ive seen Misery Business so many times, (and this is no joke) I can actually play it through in my head, shot for shot, angle for angle, in the right order.

Spending so much time with that video has really sharpened my Cinematic eye. And I feel I appreciate it more for what it is because of it.

Well....Sorry I had to leave for a minute :P

Sorry, you misunderstood my point by posting that. For the most Part I agree with you. I hate that argument. What I meant was, if you had a little taste of making a moving image project, you would realise how hard it is to even achieve the "generic shots" you condemn in the videos. Its actually hard to explain, but its like Analysing poetry. If you have no background in literature, you can be given a poem and be told to extrapolate the Authors emotions and meanings from the piece, and think "What the hell? Theres nothing to analyse here" But if you've spent years of your life studying Poems, you'll be ablle to pick apart every nuance of meaning from each word the poet uses. TO the inexperienced it will look like you are pulling things right out of your arse, but to the expert it will all make sense.

Although I am not an expert in Cinematography. But I have had some experience :P

One of the reasons that I may have a more positive outlook on the videos might be because Ive seen them hundreds of times, probably verging on thousands. I spend a lot of time making YouTUbe videos and projects ETC, stuff Like unofficial music videos where you have to match Hayleys voice to her lips in the clips. Not easy, and you have to watch every video repeatedly, paying utmost attention to every shot. Ive seen Misery Business so many times, (and this is no joke) I can actually play it through in my head, shot for shot, angle for angle, in the right order.

Spending so much time with that video has really sharpened my Cinematic eye. And I feel I appreciate it more for what it is because of it.

Oh, Jake, let me get one thing straight: please, please do stop patronizing me when i have just sent off several applications to study film production and cinematography at university, stop assuming i don't know anything about genericy or cinematography because this time next year that is going to be my life and i am serious about it. I have, coincidentally, spent years studying media texts (including, infact, music videos) and, since you bring it up poems. So just drop that tone of arguement right there while this can still be fun mmkay 8-)

Now, i am not calling misery business easy to do, or even awful; it is what it is, and it is generic, predictable and uninspired. care to focus on contradicting that rather than hammering down my opinion based on academic learning and youtube ? ;-)

Oh, Jake, let me get one thing straight: please, please do stop patronizing me when i have just sent off several applications to study film production and cinematography at university, stop assuming i don't know anything about genericy or cinematography because this time next year that is going to be my life and i am serious about it. I have, coincidentally, spent years studying media texts (including, infact, music videos) and, since you bring it up poems. So just drop that tone of arguement right there while this can still be fun mmkay 8-)

Now, i am not calling misery business easy to do, or even awful; it is what it is, and it is generic, predictable and uninspired. care to fancy on contradicting that rather than hammering down my opinion based on academic learning and youtube ? ;-)

I find it quite ironic how you just slammed me for being patronising. I would write a more detailed reply, but now it is aparrent that it's not worth it.