Should the next Paramore Video be directed by Shane Drake?

Minty Mouth

Hahahaha, mate, that's what this is for, if you want to say it back go ahead. I'm not being mean here it's all in good fun !

reading it back, okay i said that all wrong and totally ended up being hypocritical in my reply. but the one thing i can't stand is being patronized, but the first response was full on i-know-more-than-thou and somehow you're still managing to do it.

shall we both get over ourselves and speak about this objectively ?

if not, no hard feelings, you have your opinion, and i have mine. high five !

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was simply trying to explain my thoughts as clearly as possible, if that came across as patronizing, I apologize. I didn't know you were studying Media, that's why I used that argument. It turns out, you are way more qualified to use such an argument than I am.

It was the only way I could put it into words that I could find to explain why I feel the way I do about the videos. But, every Director has their own style (of course). Regardless, I stand by what I said, and I think the amount of time Ive spent with the videos, and my geeky fascination with cinematography contribute to my love of Shane Drake and his work. That personal interest contributes to the small amount of a "professional" (lol) opinion I can have regarding the issue. Like I said, all "professionals" (there it is again) have different opinions on their fellow "Professionals" (and again) work.

Shane Drake is so borringg.

Emergency was the only decent video he did for them and its only because that song is one of there best which is what made it good.

but TWYG and Ignorance are great vids and there wasnt shane drake involved.

so no to him.

and like some one else said earlier, there need to be a story in their videos. if the next one is BBBB, with the right director it could be amazzing.

i like shane drake!

but tbh i really don't care who directs it as long as it's good

same but it shouldn't be Shane Drake who directs all of their videos.

they need something different so another director would be good for them for next video.

but if Shane Drake directs next one i'll have no problem with it :D

^lol Lee

I don't really like the videos either, but I can understand that in the beginning of their carreer they used themselves in the videos as to make themselves visible and marketing themselves.

If they want a director with a lot of talent they should use Michel Gondry, but the chance of getting him is as high as me winning in the lottery, it ain't gonna happen.