General Music Thread

Hiroki

:lol: Because he's fucking hot, durr :P

You big poof :P

But also found a cool album that I haven't listened to in years. That is Silverchair - Neon Ballroom.

An album I can recommend to everyone.

I own that album and it's the last decent album they ever did :D I remember sneaking out of sixth form to go buy that album all those years ago :D

Lee probably knows an answer to this, but anyone heard the Alberta Cross album? If so, any good?

If it's the same band I am thinking of then yeah broken side of the time is a decent enough album, I like the guitar works but sometimes it sounds a bit starsailory.

I own that album and it's the last decent album they ever did :D I remember sneaking out of sixth form to go buy that album all those years ago :D

Yeah I agree. It's brilliant music, but good enough to listen to once in a while. I remember I bought mine in a Virgin shop in Paris and almost good it roped by some drunk frenchman in the subway :rotfl:

I have the most diverse music taste ever. i can listen to some disney created pop shiz, but I can also listen to the heaviest metal ever. and everything in between. no country (except for like, 3 things) and no r n b or rap (very few rappers catch my attention.)

Hmm, let's see, going through my iTunes list I can see everything from progressive technical death metal, to avant garde, minimalism, 20th century classical, post-hardcore, sludge metal all the way to jazz and Paramore.

I don't really have much in the way of pop music in my library.

I pretty much cannot stand "Disney" pop for the life of me.

Not a big fan of country either, at least not the garden variety of country pop, I like the old school guitar based instrumental stuff, and I like me some hip hop now and then.

Maybe it's just me (well, just me until anyone else who comes into this thread and might agree with me) but isn't the point of buying music.......mainly about so you can actually listen to the music?

Yeah, so to be fair if I had to pay the same amount for a download as I would a physical copy, fuck that, but if the price was reduced since they didn't need to put together any packaging or anything, it's fine by me. Just make some art work, make it downloadable in JPEG form and I'm all set, I couldn't give anymore of a fuck cos I'd be happy that what I bought had quality MUSIC on it.

The production team and musicians set out to get some music down so to me the fact there is a physical copy with a little CD booklet etc just happens to be a bonus and if it's not there, either way, I don't care so much really.\

That said I did really feel uber excited upon receiving my Brand New Eyes Deluxe Box Set. Maybe not easy to picture a 20 year old guy jumping up and down and giggling like a little girl in excitement, but that's what I did when I got my Box set. Maybe at least for these kinda deluxe/limited edition type things those should at least be kept in physical form since it makes sense given you're gonna get all this stuff like posters/bigger booklets etc with it.

I just hate digital downloads. Most new albums in the UK are like £7.99/£8.99 to buy whereas the cd is pretty much the same price it's madness.

Plus most download sites are shite, they offer FHG encoded mp3's (ugh), don't really know how to rip cd's and they are just bollocks.

Besides hard drives can fail at any time so you get more security for your money with a cd

i never pay for music i download tbh

if i'm paying i want the cd

i like being able to actually have it in my hand

plus, like lee said, your music will pretty much always be safe if you have it on a cd

my documents are on a separate drive but if that somehow fucks up i'm screwed

at least the stuff i have on cd's is safe

i definitely wouldn't bother paying if everything was downloads

Well I would say that people are just listening to more and more bad quality music. As in they prefer to buy digital albums in bad quality as mp3 and a lot of people use iPods to listen to their music. So people are not that interested in the quality of music they are listening (and I don't mean if its a good or bad album) to. But to my satisfaction it seems that something like vinyl records have experienced a return. Although I don't myself have one, but would consider one when I can afford it :) It is a sad tendency that people wants to listen to their music in a bad quality. An mp3 (which most digital downlads are) is and never will be as good quality as a CD.

Another thing is the nostalgic part of it. I mean I just went through my collection the other day and all my CDs have their history and I can touch and feel them and they have a cover. Actually reminds me of my brother who used the cases (with cover) as posters that was kind of awesome.

Well I would say that people are just listening to more and more bad quality music. As in they prefer to buy digital albums in bad quality as mp3 and a lot of people use iPods to listen to their music. So people are not that interested in the quality of music they are listening (and I don't mean if its a good or bad album) to. But to my satisfaction it seems that something like vinyl records have experienced a return. Although I don't myself have one, but would consider one when I can afford it :) It is a sad tendency that people wants to listen to their music in a bad quality. An mp3 (which most digital downlads are) is and never will be as good quality as a CD.

You have hit the nail on the head there. People have got used to downloading scene quality mp3s that they no longer know what a good sounding mp3 file is....shame.

I'm glad vinyl is back I love it. I like all the effort involved with changing sides and when you can open up the sleave and read the lyrics and the artwork....it's more of an event than anything else :D love it.