General Music Thread

Hiroki

If I had money I'd buy even more music. As it is I've spent probably over 200 bucks buying music this year, although the Brand New Eyes boxset took a significant 70 dollar chunk out of that figure.

The internet helped me find a shit ton of music I'd otherwise would never found and obviously would never have bought anyway. Maybe that still doesn't make it particularly right that I don't always obtain music legally, but whatever, I like music lol

You've got me thinking as to how much I've spent this year :P

The Answer - Everyday Demons (2CD) £9.99

Melissa Auf Der Maur - This Would Be Paradise EP £2.37

Dananananaykroyd - Black Wax (Single) £0.79

The Enemy - No Time for Tears (Single) £0.79

Marmaduke Duke - Rubber Lover (Single) £0.79

Gallows - Grey Britain (Deluxe Edition) £9.99

Dananananaykroyd - Hey Everyone £7.99

Iron Maiden - Powerslave (remastered) £7.99

Iron Maiden - Live After Death (remastered) £7.99

Iron Maiden - Flight 666 (DVD) £15.99

Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind £5.00

Iron Maiden - Brave New World £5.49

Kasabian - Fire (Single) £0.79

The Cribs - Cheat on me (Single) £0.79

Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum £8.95

Arctic Monkeys - Humbug £8.95

Paramore - Brand New Eyes (Box Set) £37.74

Twin Atlantic - Vivarium £6.99

Porcupine Tree - The Incident (2CD) £8.95

Mastodon - Crack the Skye (CD+DVD) £12.99

Funeral For A Friend - Your History Is Mine (2CD) £8.95

Hell Is For Heroes - The Neon Handshake £7.99

Reuben - Racecar is Racecar backwards £5.49

Lostprophets - It's Not The End of the World (EP) £1.99

Biffy Clyro - The Captain (EP) £1.99

Biffy Clyro - Only Revolutions (CD+DVD) £11.99

Yeah, a lot of Iron Maiden :shifty: ahem..

Total: £199.72

Not quite there at the £200 mark, though I'll probably go past it before the year is finished... :lol:

I haven't heard Iron Maiden in ages, you might have inspired me to listen to them again, Andrew. Most of my metal listening is post-1990s metal these days. Iron Maiden doesn't really fit into that, since I don't really like any of their 90s output at all, save for a few songs.

I don't know how much I've spent on CDs this year...probably around 100-150€. It's usually a pain to find any of the music I love and would like to buy so I tend to look in the second-hand section for something I've never heard before.

It's true that Iron Maiden was pretty much unstoppable in the 80s, but daym, I wouldn't say their 90s output is far behind. If I ignore the Blaze-era (like any decent guy would :P), I still have No Prayer For The Dying, Fear Of The Dark, Brave New World and Dance Of Death, and I consider all of those more or less equal to the earlier albums. The newest album is the only one I'm not too fond of.

Strangely, "A Matter of Life and Death" was the album that got me into them. I liked it, then checked out their old stuff and loved it. I wouldn't say "A Matter of Life and Death" is their best (I love Powerslave) but it was the album that got me into them.

I downloaded the 'Them Crooked Vultures' album, and I'm liking it so far 8-)

I saw Iron Maiden live in 2006 (we skipped Trivium which was opening and stayed at the hotel room for some other activities, the young and the restless that we were:D) and they played "A Matter Of Life And Death" in it's entirety which was a bit more than I hoped, but Dickinson doesn't seem to get old like the rest of us and they bundled a few of the known hits on top of it so it was an awesome gig nonetheless. I would've wanted to see them in 2005 or 2004 or whenever they had a tour that concentrated in their oldest stuff but something came up and I can't even remember what it was anymore. >:o

The Grohl-Homme-Jones project? I've been hearing the single quite a lot on the radio but I didn't think too much of it. Maybe I need to give the album a shot. :/

I haven't actually downloaded anything in a while because I've been kind of stuck in my "City & Colour" -obsession which is starting to get ridiculous proportions.

I saw Iron Maiden live in 2006 (we skipped Trivium which was opening and stayed at the hotel room for some other activities, the young and the restless that we were:D) and they played "A Matter Of Life And Death" in it's entirety which was a bit more than I hoped, but Dickinson doesn't seem to get old like the rest of us and they bundled a few of the known hits on top of it so it was an awesome gig nonetheless. I would've wanted to see them in 2005 or 2004 or whenever they had a tour that concentrated in their oldest stuff but something came up and I can't even remember what it was anymore. >:o

The Grohl-Homme-Jones project? I've been hearing the single quite a lot on the radio but I didn't think too much of it. Maybe I need to give the album a shot. :/

I haven't actually downloaded anything in a while because I've been kind of stuck in my "City & Colour" -obsession which is starting to get ridiculous proportions.

Yeah I heard that Maiden played the full album live around that time, have you seen Flight 666? Awesome DVD, the fans are absolutely nuts :lol:

Yeah Grohl-Homme-Jones. I hadn't heard anything before downloading, it's "different". It's a lot like Queens of the Stone Age really. It's like "Songs for the Deaf" and "Era Vulgaris" mixed together. Some parts of songs reminded me of The White Stripes though :shifty:

I saw Maiden, February last year, for the Somewhere Back In Time. They hadn't come to Australia since 1992 prior to that, so they put on a muthafucking good show.

Everyone was in top form, expect Janick, who is never in top form anyway (absolutely shitty live guitarist:rotfl:), but even though his playing sucks, he's fun to watch live nonetheless.

2 opening bands. One was Lauren Harris' band. They were absolute dog shit. The guitarist was basically Zakk Wylde with a different name. Similar hair and his guitar solos consisted of pretty much the same licks Zakk Wylde plays. I wanted to punch him in the face.

Songs themselves were just shit, really.

The other band was Vanishing Point, whom I'd seen twice already. Pretty good prog metal band. Hardly anyone but my mates cheered after their set, I think hardly anyone knew who they were haha.

Oh and Trivium are fucking shit anyway, so I'm not surprised you skipped them Pekka.

Absolutely terrible live band. I've seen videos of them playing ENTIRE guitar solos out of tune, gross. I really do hate that band haha

Hmm, this The Grohl-Homme-Jones project you people speak of, who is the Jones guy? Excuse my ignorance.

Dave Grohl, I've been a fan of for AGES. The Foo Fighters was probably one of the first bands I remember truly loving. First heard them back in 1997 when I was 8 years old, and to this day I still consider their first two albums some of the finest records in alternative rock.

The fact Grohl played all the instruments (minus one guitar part on one song) and did vocals for the first album still boggles my mind, the dude is an absolutely disturbingly talented guy.

I've been a big Kyuss fan for about 5 or so years now, and love Homme's work he did with them. BEST stoner metal band ever, period, IMHO.

It seems weird, two guys, one in his late 30s, the other 40 years old, hooking up with a dude in his 60s and forming a band.

I guess I'll wait to hear the results of the lineup before I can truly judge it though.

Well, we know what came out of the Liquid Tension Experiment Project, so...8-)

• 4 weeks later...
i fuckin love that they have sonisphere in knebworth, of all places. i can hear it from my house, for one - but seriously knebworth ?! that is not a metal place. that is the furthest from metal a place could possible get.

Which is why Iron Maiden are headlining 8-)

And we all know Maiden want to play EVERY possible location in the universe.