Marijuana

Have You Tried It?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Have You Tried It?

• Yes
    • No
    • Almost.

I personally despise the stuff. It is VERY bad for one's brain because it does kill braincells, regardless of what people who smoke it want to think. Most all of my friends smoke it and claim there's nothing wrong, that it simply relaxes one and opens up the creative side. I'm the only Straight Edge one of my friends and they swear they're going to drug me one day when I least expect it. Great.

My opinion still remains that it's bad. I'm not going to judge someone because they smoke it, but I don't have to agree with it.

I personally despise the stuff. It is VERY bad for one's brain because it does kill braincells, regardless of what people who smoke it want to think. Most all of my friends smoke it and claim there's nothing wrong, that it simply relaxes one and opens up the creative side. I'm the only Straight Edge one of my friends and they swear they're going to drug me one day when I least expect it. Great.

My opinion still remains that it's bad. I'm not going to judge someone because they smoke it, but I don't have to agree with it.

this

i wouldn't try it, personally

don't see the point

I haven't tried it, and I don't want to try it. There are arguments about how regular cigarettes are far more dangerous, but yeah, I don't smoke those either. Does it make me a hypocrite that I drink alcohol (at least used to) and still refuse to smoke because of the damage it does to my health? Maybe so, but at least alcohol is legal, and that alone gives me a reason to pick one over the other. I wouldn't have any trouble leaving alcohol totally if it was suddenly made illegal.

Ahh I see. Good to see that this thread is still up, To be honest even I was afraid that this thread might offend some.

Yeah it seriouuuusly fucks up your brain cells big time. My friends say theres nothing wrong...and then I say "Did you finish high school?-OH WAIT! You were skippin gettign high! Yeah that's right "

I voted yes, and frankly, I don't care what you think about me, but I've done LSD as well before and I smoke weed on a fairly regular basis (I guess if about once or twice a month counts as a fairly regular basis lol).

Ever since doing LSD I've become infinitely more open minded, more perceptive to things, I tend to look at things in a deeper way now and in general I think I'm a better person because of my experience with it.

Same with marijuana really.

This is this whole stereo type based around marijuana users that are they dopey and slow people.

I can tell you now, as a drinker, all alcohol does to you when you drink is generally brings teh lulz and makes you say stupid, silly things, and generally nothing intelligent really comes out of it.

As a smoker of marijuana, I can tell you that from my own personal experience, I don't sit there and stare at things blankly and say "woaaa" like they seem to do in the movies, but I generally might listen to music and I'll listen for details and nuances I just don't hear in a non altered state of mind, I'll be writing down creative things that come to me and generally I'm just in deep thought for a lot of the time.

Personally I think alcohol is 100 times worse. Not ONCE have I had a bad experience with marijuana, but plenty of times I've gotten drunk I've thrown up, I've started crying at parties in front of people for almost no reason and I've just said stupid, dumb, asshole-ish things to people and really hurt other's feelings.

It is also a lot more addictive than marijuana.

In fact, never once, have I craved marijuana, so I do not believe it is addictive for most normal people.

If someone knows they have an addictive personality, but they are dumb enough to start smoking weed and find their life is ruined by it, it was their choice for being a dumb fuck.

If someone just wants to spend entire days stoned on their own accord even if they don't have have an addictive personality and that ends up ruining their life, again, that was their dumb-ass choice for doing so.

Me, I play guitar at least 2 hours a day, I play bass guitar about an hour a day, I am quite fit and healthy and exercise often and eat fairly well, I am fairly intelligent and articulate, I study audio engineering.

Marijuana does not get in the way of any of that, and I'm quite functional because I have enough will power to just do it when I want to, rather than it controlling me.

If you smoke marijuana, you don't have to "let yourself go" if you don't want to and stay motivated to keep doing what you do.

Slag me off all you want, give me your fucking sXe rants about how "drugs are bad mmkay" or you could just let me do as I will, and at least have the open mind to be able to understand I am intelligent enough to make my own decisions regarding my own usage of marijuana.

• Like 1

I think, like anything that fucks up the way you think - alcohol whatever whatnot et.c marijuana reacts in relation to the way you treat it. i smoke weed on a regular basis, now judge me if you like, but i'm a straight A/B student and i'm going to university next year. i have a job, do my homework, have a boyfriend and volunteer at a youth club. whereas the guy i started smoking with got kicked out of his house when he was 16 and is currently homeless living with whichever friend is willing to take him in for a couple weeks. go figure.

No, really erin i'm not undermining you or your life choices or your opinions just because of your age, i respect them and i think you're a legit and sensible person so that's fine. but, and i know this is going to sound patronizing and i'm really sorry because i hate being patronized so bad - at 13 you have a lot of growing up to do. in the good, fun, meet new people have new experiences sense. i really don't mean because you're 13 your opinion is invalid, because it's every bit as valid as mine because believe me i know in 5 years time i will not be the same person i am today - things change, things you don't expect, and at 13 especially in the US (as well as the UK) there is no way you can claim legit straight edge because there really is not much opportunity to do much else

my mum died of cancer, so i started smoking to deal with stress. my grandma died of lung cancer because of smoking. i still smoke 20 a day, to this day, as i have done for 5 years. before this happened, and for about 2 months afterwards i swore to myself i wouldn't put myself in a position where i would halm myself because of a substance - it doesn't mean shit, i'm afraid, in the end.

you can get hit by a bus walking down the street stone cold sober. that's all i'm saying,