LJ Post - 14th Jan 2010

travel_hymn

.net photo stream, single stuff, and more!

so i think i got my phone all sorted out for the mobile stream on paramore.net

hopefully, now there will be all kinda updates happening. between that, this, and twitter... not to mention, more video stuff when we get back out on the road.

also wanted to say for the record that "the only exception" will probably be the next single everywhere. sure, it may be exclusive in another country for a while but i think it will make it's way over here too. it would be a chance for us to do something different. we've never put out a song that wasn't fast or quirky or upbeat and fun. there are other sides to the band too... you guys know that better than the rest of the world... and to see how people react to the side of us that isn't sorta wild would be fun for us. to be honest, i'm nervous as to how it could go! i like the idea of having to take a leap instead of going with an obvious style of a song... but sure, it's a risk. anyways, i would like to ask you that even if you aren't completely sold on the idea you would at least pretend to support us in it. it's not like this is the last song we'll be releasing anyways! there will be plenty more from brand new eyes.

well, i'm sick still. none of the afore mentioned "to-do's" have been done, really. just a whole lot of sitting around and taking tamiflu. i'm such a disease. but tonight is spaghetti night! so i gotta prepare the angel hair pasta and make meatballs. (look at me actually learning to cook). and you thought it would never happen!

love,

hayleymeatballs

http://paramoreband.livejournal.com/71670.html

An anonymous posted this

Hard and sad to say you fanbase here in lj is the worst ever. you really shouldn't post here anymore. try another place. i just don't like to see they making funny of you and the guys. is really embarassing to see you giving attention to people who don't deserve any. they are always in OT's bitching about everything you write and do with your personal life or whatever, and after the same "fans" who were making funny about your weight, skin, relationships and family are the same ones who are in the first page of an update.

honestly, the only members (with a few other exceptions) who never said anything bad about you and the guys are the mods. look what they did with brent: http://i47.tinypic.com/2lueulv.jpg. they don't deserve any respect. they're so rude and childish. the worst part of this is that they're not haters or trolls, they call themselves "fans", friends of you. they're users with who you have a true connection.

not fair. not cool. too much dramma and negativity for something that should be just fun. i really care about you, that's why i'm here.

this was Hayley's response

i realize that all of this is pretty much dead on. i know you're right. and it kills me too.

however, i can't bring myself to quit right now. certainly not saying that i'll be on LJ for the rest of my life.

this is where it all started and until i feel 100% about starting over somewhere else then i'm going to continue to try and be honest and positive with the people that seek out this sort of connection. even if some of them are total assholes and users. at least people will know that i did my part and tried my hardest in attempting at some type of community.

:(

i agree with everything that person said, whoever he or she may be.

and whoa that dennis guy is freaking nuts.

lovely post tho!

im excited to see how it all turns out :) and hope she feels better!

It's really a shame how some of the "fans" act. They are just ignorant haters.

Unfoutunately, no matter who you are, there are always haters out there, and I think Hayley get's that.

I'm very excited to hear about The Only Exception. It surprised me that they picked such a calm song as their new single.

anyways, i would like to ask you that even if you aren't completely sold on the idea you would at least pretend to support us in it. it's not like this is the last song we'll be releasing anyways! there will be plenty more from brand new eyes.

i'm hoping there will be turn it off and wtlo.

the only exception was only hinted by being on the sticker, but not with an acoustic version...

She's fighting a losing battle. When they get as much press as they do, she doesn't need to keep up the LJ. It's pointless- as much as I guess people feel "connected" the whole thing has become a parody of itself. I mean, even the ones jumping in to defend her are going overboard with the whole "I care for you/love you/fooling myself into thinking I actually know you". It just seems kinda pointless to try and maintain a personal connection through a community when things like Twitter exist, that don't give birth to such drama.

She's fighting a losing battle. When they get as much press as they do, she doesn't need to keep up the LJ. It's pointless- as much as I guess people feel "connected" the whole thing has become a parody of itself. I mean, even the ones jumping in to defend her are going overboard with the whole "I care for you/love you/fooling myself into thinking I actually know you". It just seems kinda pointless to try and maintain a personal connection through a community when things like Twitter exist, that don't give birth to such drama.

you have a point. but i guess it is nice to hear what they're doing on the road and hear news and stuff that's going on with the band and what not that isn't crammed into a 140 character space allowance. :P

i am quite excited for the only exception, i think it'll do quite well actually, i do hope it doesn't get overplayed though :neutral:

did hayley have swine flu? she said she's been having tamiflu.

I'm actually really looking forward to The Only Exception being a video. It makes a nice change to the usual upbeat stuff. I just hope it doesn't get overplayed.

i'm the same, it's not that i don't want them to release it cause i don't like it or anything, i loovee the only exception, it's one of my fav songs off bne, it means a lot to me... the reason i'm not so keen on it being released is that i don't it to get ruined for me, cause i love it but i'm sure it'll be fine and it'll be interesting to see how this different side of paramore goes down :)