Hayley on New B.O.B. Album

yourenotsam

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I commented on this before listening to it thinking there was some noticeable autotune, but after hearing it and seeing ya'lls debate i can tell you the vocal track is pretty damn dry. There's one basic harmony background and almost no ear candy on the main. Sounds like a simple compressor and maybe a sprinkle of reverb. What you guys are prolly buggin out on is her descending melody on "wish right now". Girls got control over her voice, but we already knew that. =)

In all likelihood it is tuned. But not everyone has played with or seen antares or melodyne used. Almost everything you hear on the radio is tuned, its just that the sensitivity is at an almost impossible to notice level. It has more to do with getting a fuller/more pro sound out of your doubles and harmonies than it does with making up for a poor singer. Vocal takes are kinda like snowflakes, theyre almost never the same. Sometimes this can make harmonies and doubles sound funny, or chorus-d out. To compensate for this you usually see engineers tuning the vocal w/ a light sensitivity to flatten out any slight wavering or minute key problems that by itself in the mix of the song aren't noticeable, but after adding a double or harmony on top might become apparent. In addition, most of the songs you listen to that have 2 voicings at the same time are also using vocal-align, another huge plug-in that takes two vocal takes and conforms the second to the first- making them identical in phrasing. It's fucking nuts, some of the shit studio producers use on a daily basis will blow your mind. But back on topic, once you start decreasing the autotune sensitivity is where you start hearing the t-payne effect. Once you hit zero (maybe even negative, dont remember), you're hearing typane-ismz as you hear it on the radio.

hope i dont come off as a know it all :willy_nilly:, but i spend a lot of time in a hd studio- I actually just got home from a vocal mixing session haha.

Spellcheck is doing wonders these days....

I think i've listened to this song about 100 times since it was released. I can't get it out of my head. The chorus is what makes it so great. Plus Hayley's humming vocals during the rap are really catchy. LOL

Does anyone know how well this song is doing on itunes as a single?

Mike, it's really time to stop. This is getting ridiculous. Nobody's being rude to you, yet you're provoking everyone else and trying to start stuff. If we have to tell you again, this is going to an admin. I'm sorry, but the way you're acting isn't acceptable at all.

I think i've listened to this song about 100 times since it was released. I can't get it out of my head. The chorus is what makes it so great. Plus Hayley's humming vocals during the rap are really catchy. LOL

Does anyone know how well this song is doing on itunes as a single?

Just checked. It's #11 on the iTunes Singles Chart! :)

^ I understand where you're coming from, but we still can't have people sharing it here. :(

I wish VitaminWater was still doing that free mp3 promo they had last summer. Pretty sure a bunch of people got "Ignorance" with that one.

Mike, it's really time to stop. This is getting ridiculous. Nobody's being rude to you, yet you're provoking everyone else and trying to start stuff. If we have to tell you again, this is going to an admin. I'm sorry, but the way you're acting isn't acceptable at all.

Just checked. It's #11 on the iTunes Singles Chart! :)

that's awesome! I'm sure with more exposure by me the song will be number one in no time. LOL

and brighter_ i get where you're coming from, but maybe you can try getting a itunes giftcard. Thats what I do since I don't have a credit card that I can use. A giftcard is a lot more easier and convenient.

Yeah maybe it's time I bow out....not like I have any allies here. I predict this weekend is my last weekend. "it's time to, say goodbyeeeee"

Well when you call spell check on a post that has no typos other than my abbreviations and lack of apostrophes ie: don't / dont, I can see why.