UK Election

RenegadeRoss

So who watched the Election Debate last night on ITV? I thought Nick Clegg done best out of all 3. Labour have had 13 years to fix this country and look at the mess its in right now! The tories can fuck off as far as im concerned cause of the shit they did last time they were in power with Thatcher, plus David Cameron is a smug twat who just stumbled and stuttered his way through last night.

SNP are on on tuesday night but right now im swinging towards a Lib Dem vote.

Thoughts?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't exactly no much about politics, doesn't really interest me but i watched bits of this last night, I think David Cameron had a lot to live up to last night, there was so much hype about him in particular going into this, i don't think he did amazing but i wouldn't say he was terrible, Gordon Brown pisses me off, the whole poster thing trying to get a dig in was slightly pathetic. Ha i don't no if i could vote it would probably be for David Cameron, strangly i found out he visited this centre yesterday here in Halifax which is literally 5 minutes from my house.

anyone but Labour :)

Anyone but Conservative for me :lol:

I'd gladly vote Labour just to keep Cameron out from ballsing up the country like Conservative leaders before him.

I didn't watch the debate last night, but from what I've read Nick Clegg was ahead in all four of the after-show polls with Cameron 2nd on 2 polls and Brown 2nd on 2 polls. I don't even know what policies the Liberal Democrats have.

Mike, you should stop posting irrelevant shit in threads. This thread is about the "UK Elections", there's no need to post shit in here. Go somewhere like the spam thread.

Anyhow, I'm too young to vote, and I don't really have a clue about politics.

i wish i was born about eight weeks sooner so i could vote next month.

i dont know a massive deal about politics in terms of politics, but i like to think i know more than most my age or slightly older.

firstly, gordon brown gets a really tough time if you ask me. all he's tried to do since '07 is try and tidy up all the shit that tony blair left behind (the war in iraq, etc). anything thats gone wrong or is going on was going to happen no matter who was in office. every developed country in the world has suffered a recession, so the one here is not labours fault.

second of all, david cameron is a wanker (and thats me being polite). it baffles me that the majorty of people out there are wanting him as PM. my sister is a nurse under the NHS, and the thought of working under a tory gorvernment terrifies her.

nick clegg actually seems like a normal guy. if i could vote this year i probably would vote lib dem. this isnt because i necessarily want him to be ruling the country - lets face it, even though he did totally own the debate last night and is today a very popular dude, he would need an unreal swing to put him and his party into goverment - but because i do think its time for change in the politics and the catch-all nature of elections in this country. like i said, it is near enough impossible for him to become PM because lib dem currently hold so few seats, but this year could be a step in the right direction for a this third party finally being in power if more blue and red seats become orange.

i'll finish with this: to anyone on here, not matter what you think and no matter how much of a 'mess' tony blair - not gordon brown - made of things, do not vote conservative (that includes you too, ross). you will regret it.

I said in the pub tonight, i would love to see the votes based on age ranges. I feel alot of young people will vote lib dems, compared to older people who just vote the same party all the time because its what they always voted. and wont change.

I said in the pub tonight, i would love to see the votes based on age ranges. I feel alot of young people will vote lib dems, compared to older people who just vote the same party all the time because its what they always voted. and wont change.

thats exactly the vibe im getting. lotta 18-24 year olds are gonna vote clegg i think.

At the last General Election, more 18-34 voters voted for Labour or Conservative than Lib Dem.

:roll: oh my god.

Reasons for me voting Labour:

1. The conservatives fucked up worse in the past than Labour has in the last 13 years or however long. People can mention the Iraq war, but Thatcher had the Falklands war.

2. Gordon Brown did a good job as chancellor, and the country went forward under Labour. He's also got us out of the recession and stabilised the UK while other European countries are on the verge of collapse (Greece, Ireland, etc)

3. Back to Thatcher, being Welsh I cannot forget what she did to the Miners in South Wales in the 1980s. The general feeling is that Conservatives don't give a shit about the working class. The conservatives have literally got nothing in Wales, no foot hold at all. The Welsh Assembly Government is made up of a Labour and Plaid Cymru majority.

4. Credit Unions. I work for one. Labour have shown more support to Credit Unions than the Conservatives ever have, and the point I'm making with this, is that Credit Unions are the better alternative to mainstream banks, because there are no share-holders, no people on huge salaries with massive bonuses and any money that is made goes straight back to its customers. Labour are backing Credit Unions, the Conservatives aren't. So I'd be an idiot to vote Conservative if I want to have any chance of keeping my job basically.

Last time round I voted Lib Dem, which I'd probably do this time, but I feel that this time Labour is going to need all the support it can get and if I vote Lib Dem it'd be like throwing my vote away. Unless Nick Clegg does well on the next two TV debates.

That's my general feel of it Andrew, you've said it in a nutshell. Far too many people will remember what thatcher (who doesnt deserve a capital in her name) did to towns all over the country. Motherwell were heavily hit by the closure of the steelworks and even today you can see the results of what happened to the town because of that.

The tories have no respect in Scotland either.