chicago 8/2

lalalalisa

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got home from the show, and after a 2 hour drive im still soaked with a mixture of sweat and bottled water. It was damn hot in there, near the end I wasn't so sure whether I'd make it through their performance. But it was so incredible... i really never expected so much from this tour.

i thought all of the opening band were pretty good. it just sucked because i was already kind of exhausted from the heat and all by the time paramore even played.

it was still like the best show ive ever been to though. it was completely different from anything theyve done before with the friggin keyboard effects and throwing in some acoustic shit. wow.

it was really good.

They started with an intro on the piano that led into emergency, then went straight into brighter. After that was like, here we go again, conspiracy, pressure, and all we know, i dont remember the exact order. on a couple of those songs hayley played the piano some more as well. then josh gets out the acoustic and they did My hero, and franklin was also acoustic for the first half of the song or so. i got videos of both of those songs.

they managed to play all of the songs from the cd, then at the end they do the beginning to my heart where they all count off 123456 to start the song, but then instead of playing my heart they did Hallelujah.. it was amazing. Everyone cheered them on to play one more song so they played my heart to finish it off.

I got like 5 or 6 decent videos and lots of pics to upload. I was about 3 feet away from the band and right in the middle the whole time.... at one point i reached out and hayley grabbed my hand for a moment. it was quite memorable.

unfortunately i dont have time to upload any of my shit right now because i have to get up early to head out for Detroit tomorrow! but when i get back from cleveland on saturday i will have sooo much crap to upload its gonna be crazy.

Wow...sounds like Hallelujah might have been a bit of an add to the setlist after all...wonder if they'll do that every night (hope, hope, hope)......it'll be interesting to hear what they play tonight in Detroit :)

And thanks so much for posting the vids...the piano intro on Emergency sounds great...this show just looks amazing. And wow - they were leaning right out to your camera - amazing vids! They've really gone all out for their first headlining tour...

Did you do the meet & greet in Chicago? If so, what was it like?