Th Summer Tic EP

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they are just trying to increase the album sales and with the new EP, fans are more eager to buy the whole package.

That's my guess - the critical # to them is album sales of AWKIF - they were probably selling a lot of EPs and not as many copies of AWKIF, so they decided to bundle them together. Smart move.

The other possibility is something to do with royalties related to the Failure cover...perhaps the EP price wasn't really doing much to cover that cost.

Jeez FBR wants money eh? they beg us fans to promote and now they throw in the cd with the ep haha. But Im thinking positive for the band and how much 5 more $ can do to them (:

It's not FBR that wants the money - it's Paramore that wants to sell a bunch of records. The more copies of AWKIF they sell, the better for their next record :)

this sucks how im i supposed to get the ep now, as i live in the uk, paramore have always been amazing to there fans but this is just ripping the fans off making them buy another album, it like when bands release an album and all the fans buy it and then they re release it a couple months later with some extra songs and they have to buy it again

this sucks how im i supposed to get the ep now, as i live in the uk, paramore have always been amazing to there fans but this is just ripping the fans off making them buy another album, it like when bands release an album and all the fans buy it and then they re release it a couple months later with some extra songs and they have to buy it again

Basically, all this means is that the EP costs $10, not $5 and you get a copy of AWKIF too. Like they said, you can give it to a friend or something - and that way, the band sells more records (and trust me, that's important) and more people get to hear Paramore's music.

Jeez FBR wants money eh? they beg us fans to promote and now they throw in the cd with the ep haha. But Im thinking positive for the band and how much 5 more $ can do to them (:

It's not FBR that wants the money - it's Paramore that wants to sell a bunch of records. The more copies of AWKIF they sell' date=' the better for their next record :)[/quote']

Oh, yeah I dunno how money works from merch/cds.

It's not FBR that wants the money - it's Paramore that wants to sell a bunch of records. The more copies of AWKIF they sell' date=' the better for their next record :)[/quote']

Oh, yeah I dunno how money works from merch/cds.

Well, the label gets the majority of the money from albums (usually), but when you're selling your debut album, the # you sell is very important. I doubt it's FBR driving this - I think Paramore really wants to get their sales #s up as much as they can for AWKIF.

Merch is a different story, btw. T-shirts, hoodies, etc. - that's where the band usually makes the majority of their money.

Ok, here's the deal - I'm not sure this is ever going to get sold anywhere but at Warped...although they might still sell it on their headlining tour this fall...but, anyway....

I'm willing to buy copies and mail them out to folks if you're willing to send me $10 for it. We'll figure out the postage and stuff and heck, if I'm feeling really nice, I might not even make you pay the $10 for it :)

So, if you want it, PM me and give me your name, address, all that good stuff. I won't make any guarantees, but I will do my very best to buy a bunch of copies on Tuesday when I see them at Warped and to send them out to everyone...