My List of excellent EMO bands

thorned_lilac_182

i don't really think they suck. i think they're over-rated. and i don't think they're emo.

not that i know much about " emo "

but after reading that description on the link .. i kinda have the idea. and it's kinda what i thought.

out of those bands i like;

Armor For Sleep

Atreyu

Avenged Sevenfold

Brand New

Coheed and Cambria

The Distillers

Fall Out Boy

Finch

Funeral For A Friend

Hopesfall

My Chemical Romance

Open Hand

Rise Against

Saosin

Story Of The Year

Straylight Run

Taking Back Sunday

The Used

Underoath

alot of those bands suck, fall out boy sucks.
Now now. Granted, they're over-rated, and you may not like them, but if I were you, I wouldn't go off saying they "suck", I would probably say I didn't like them. There is a huge difference. Since musical taste is subjective, unless everyone in the world does not like them, they don't suck. Now, I love Fall Out Boy. And that's an opinion. But there are bands that I don't like, (take My Chemical Romance, for example), but I never say they suck. I just don't like them. It's not my style of music. But "My Chemical Romance sucks", or "Fall Out Boy sucks" isn't true, and other than that, it's distactful.

Crap. That has nothing to do with emo, I just had to let that out. Sorry. :oops:

alot of those bands suck' date=' fall out boy sucks.[/quote']Now now. Granted, they're over-rated, and you may not like them, but if I were you, I wouldn't go off saying they "suck", I would probably say I didn't like them. There is a huge difference. Since musical taste is subjective, unless everyone in the world does not like them, they don't suck. Now, I love Fall Out Boy. And that's an opinion. But there are bands that I don't like, (take My Chemical Romance, for example), but I never say they suck. I just don't like them. It's not my style of music. But "My Chemical Romance sucks", or "Fall Out Boy sucks" isn't true, and other than that, it's distactful.

Crap. That has nothing to do with emo, I just had to let that out. Sorry. :oops:

very well put =)

I respect people like you for that

I'm sick of the emo label. It drives me crazy.

Everyone rips on all the bands that could, perhaps, be labeled 'emo' because everyone hates the emo stereotype... the scene

why can't everyone just get along?

... anyway, that's a good list of bands. i like about 5/8th of the bands :)

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I think the term emo may have had a meaning at the beginning, much like the term punk had a meaning in it's birth.

Nowadays it seems that the term is used by slightly pretentious music fans who use it to distance themselves from bands who they suddenly deem to have become too commercial or have "sold out" once they achieve a hint of success or mainstream play.

Maybe that's just my cynicism speaking though.

• 2 weeks later...