7/02 warped selma, texas

jchurch004

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok everyone this is my tale.. its actually sorta nuts really lol..

so i made my two friends and my bro wake up early so we could get there at like 830 and just wait in like for 2 and a half hours.. dont ask why i just wanted to lol.. so we get there and its pouring and theres only like 35 ppl there waiting at the huge gate.. so were sitting there getting soaked and my friends are super pissed.. so anyways, about 30 minutes passes (9 o clock) and some big black dude comes over to the huge crowd of ppl (like 250 now) and he announces that he needs 8 guys.. lol, so me and the other three immediately avert our attention to him lol.. he begins to tell us he needs some ppl cuz hes shorthanded with staff making stages lol.. so we run to him quick and get to him just in time.. along with 4 other guys he tells us basically that were gonna help out making stages and gates and shit for warped lol.. and since i can lift pretty good im like frig yea lets do this.. then as we're walking towards all the stages and tour busses he tells us that for doing this we will get backstage passes for 1 band of our choice (now keep in mind i absolutely love afi like crazy) immediately im like PARAMORE LOL!!! so my friends basically kiss my feet for dragging them there that early lol.. and we begin to work our asses off for this dude.. it was actually fun as hell and i saw josh just standing around near one of the stages, but i didnt say anything lol.. soooooooo lol, we finish and the guy gives us his number and tells us to meet him at the main stage left at 12 or so to tell him which bands we are going to see.. all 8 of us are shitting bricks about now lol.. so he brings us to the lines of ppl which have ammassed to an insane amount obviously and he puts us at the very front of 8 different lines.. one for each of us lol.. the kids behind us were not very happy lol and when they found out what we did they were even more pissed haha.. so we get inside and i check the schedule and to my horror, yes u guessed it afi and paramore at basically the exact same time on two far away stages.. WTF!! but i didnt let it bother me too bad.. i knew what i was there to do.. question was, what if like i got boned lol.. that would suck.. so i stayed cool..

ok so, we got to the guy and got our hookup guy at the volcom stage (paramore at 615 pm) so i scheduled my day out and hit basically all i wanted, oh and i found out afi was going on a half hour later than expected and there was a delay on the main stages.. so id still get to see afi after meeting paramore hehe.. ok so i saw FATA on vagrant stage and then i stuck around with my brother in the basically empty lot that held vagrant and volcom.. some stupid band was playing volcom at the time.. anyways, so we're standing there, me and my bro split up with my two friends who wanted to meet MCS lol.. and next thing i know it i see hunter walking around everywhere lol with his cell in hand haha.. i assume texting his girlfriend.. so i see him traveling toward the monster energy drink trailor and me and drew run over there quick.. and i turn toward the trailor, then i glance over and see that he is about 10 feet away but glued to his phone lol.. i didnt care, i walk up to him and shake his hand and gave him a huge frigging hug lol.. spur of the moment i guess haha.. soo i tell him u know about me loving them and how ive never seen em yet and how i got backstage passes to see them and i told him the whole story lol.. he was like wow man thats awesome and then he looked down at his phone and i was like "Oh fuck, dude are u talking or busy??" hes like nah man its cool.. nice meeting ya man and ill seeya later.. so im like all smiles haha.. then were checking out the band playing lol and all of a sudded i see hunter walking back but hes with a little girl in a purple dress.. lol i immediately run over and just get to the pt where im like 20 ft away.. me and drew just stared in awe as it was our first time ever seeing her in person, hayley williams, wow what a sight that.. shit seeing the whole band was crazy, but i mean as u all know... lol..

btw dont ask what im basing these changing of paragraphs on but w/e on with the tale.. so were chilling there in between the two stages catching glimpses of the band members every now and then from afar.. (btw they didnt have a signing booth today, but idc lol) and then we see a guy and a girl who are peering over the gates with a camera and laughing and like taking pics.. so i walk over to them and tap them on the shoulder lol and ask them if they are getting backstage too?? they look at me stunned and say what? ur going backstage lol.. im like haha and i told em a bit of why.. so next thing we know all four of us look up (me, brother and two other fans) and hayley and josh are just staring at as sitting on our equipment.. haha, so i point and laugh cuz i was so shocked, first thing i thought to do lol and drew gave her some gay little wave which she waved back haha.. so we take our place at the head of the stage (little to the left) and i start taking pics of the band setting up.. and next thing i know the big dude that let us here in the first place comes up to us and says hey, yall ready to go?? im like huh? hes like lets go on stage.. im like WTF?!?! me and drews mouths drop haha.. he goes yea just go up there and talk to the guy in the blue.. so we walk up to the stage and the guy in the blue directs us to the other side of the stage.. so me and drew walk across the stage, in the front lol and just stare at the large crowd haha.. yea we were the only ones on the stage haha.. the only thing i thought to do was give the crowd a little grin and give em the peace sign haha.. so we took our place at the side of the stage, basically 2 ft away from hunter the entire show lol.. it was nuts.. the pics will be the next post i make haha.. so the show was awesome!! obviously!! i took pretty good pics.. i was too focused on my first show tho wo they coulda been better..

anyways after the show, yea its go time lol.. we walk off the stage following the band, almost like we were in the band lol.. ok so we stood inbetween the trailor and the stage just staring at the band get congrats from all there friends and whoever else they had with em, jeremys girlfriend, few others lol.. oh ajax of course.. so me and drew peer over to the right where the gate is and there is about 75 ppl staring at me and him lol.. cuz the band was outta sight haha.. so drew leans to me and says wow i feel retarded right now haha.. ok so ajax comes over to us and says hey who r u guys? lol i tell him the story and how we picked them and all that good stuff haha.. he laughs and jokes around with me for a long while.. and i talked to him about the videos of him and he talked about the message boards alot.. and then he let me know they would def wanna talk to me and drew since i was taking pics for PF.. so, him and zac proceed to start unloading the stage, and u know since i like lifting shit i offered my help.. they look at eachother and zac's like yea man.. btw he doesnt know me yet lol.. so i introduced myself on the way up to the stage again and let him know how good they did and shit and i got to carry his drums off the stage lol.. it was awesome, cuz well i play drums.. so then hunter kept like seeing me every now and then and was always like hey jarrod.. im like hahahaha dude thats awesome even tho its not really a big deal.. ok so then i finish helping unload the stage with ajax and a few others.. and as im dropping the last of it i look up and hayleys staring at me like "who is this guy carrying our shit" lol.. so then shortly after this lady, not sure who lol and she brings hayley and josh over haha.. hayley reaches out her hand and introduces herself, lol i sorta laugh cuz as if she just said hi im hayley to me lol.. obviously i know her.. haha so i shake her hand and basically squeak out a hi im jarrod and then she meets my brother and then meet both meet josh.. then the lady tells them they have to leave and meet the other fans at the gate.. they leave and tell me they like my shirt haha..

so they left and im like ok was that it?? hopefully not lol.. so the big dude that got us backstage walks up to us and says hey! what are u guys still doing here! im like ahhhhh, and he interrupts by grabbing us and laughing.. gave us a big hug.. im like ummm ok lol.. then he tells us we can stay as long as we want.. but i had to see afi, so i needed to get my job done.. hayley was super busy with all the fans, so i decided id just wait it out.. well all of a sudden i get a tap on the shoulder and its zac again lol.. hes like hey dude u wanna help me carry all my drum shit over to the ernie ball stage.. im like ahhhh ok lol.. but i was sorta pissed cuz i had to wait for hayley and what if i came back and she was gone?? shitty lol.. but ajax knew i wanted to meet her and get a pic bad so he started talkign to zac and distracting him lol.. finally hayley got done with the fans and as she turned she looked surprised to see me still there.. but without any hesitation i said hey hayley u mind if we get some pics for the messgae boards.. and shes like oh ur taking pics for that?? and im like yea lol.. shes like well of course.. then i let her know brent said hi lol.. of course cuz i thought of it lol.. then i took my pic with her and then took the pic of her and drew.. wowness lol.. and then i did what i was there to do... i had to mention Ren's package that he got her in japan.. and we continued to talk for like 2 or 3 minutes.. it was amazing to say the least..

ok so after we said our goodbyes and i grabbed all of zacs shit and carried it with him, my bro and hunter to the ernie ball stage.. after we got there i let em know how cool they were and cool this whole experience was.. they were wicked cool and said seeya later man haha.. right after me and drew took off to the main stage to catch the entire afi show lol.. what a friggin day!!! i scored completely, no??

o btw interesting little thing lol.. since i was so close to hunter.. in between songs he would talk to me and drew.. like one he was god its frigging hot out here man, how u guys do it?? i proceeded to tell him im from maine and the weather sux haha.. im just visiting lol.. then another hed give me a thumbs up and be like hey did i sound alright on that one.. off key at all?? lol

anyways hope yall enjoy that.. pics are getting uploaded next haha.. should be a few..

LOL...great story jarrod :) Hayley probably thought the reason you were backstage in the first place was because you were like the official photographer for PF.com... ;-)

And again - she was like "Brent who?" I'm sure...

Why was Zac carrying his drums over to the Ernie Ball stage?

And the woman who brought Hayley and Josh over to you was probably Melanie, their tour manager...did she have blonde hair?

SETTING UP

Warped001.jpg

Warped002.jpg

Warped003.jpg

Warped004.jpg

Warped005.jpg

HUNTERS PEDAL LOL READ IT HAHA

Warped006.jpg

AND NOW THE SHOW!!

Warped007.jpg

Warped008.jpg

Warped009.jpg

Warped010.jpg

Warped011.jpg

Warped012.jpg

Warped013.jpg

Warped014.jpg

Warped015.jpg

Warped016.jpg

Warped017.jpg

Warped018.jpg

Warped019.jpg

Warped020.jpg

Warped021.jpg

Warped022.jpg

Warped023.jpg

Warped024.jpg

Warped025.jpg

Warped026.jpg

Warped027.jpg

Warped028.jpg

Warped029.jpg

Warped030.jpg

ME AND HER

Warped031.jpg

DREW AND HER

Warped032.jpg

hope u guys enjoy these.. like i said before, they werent as good as i wanted but thats cuz i had to enjoy the show lol..

LOL...great story jarrod :) Hayley probably thought the reason you were backstage in the first place was because you were like the official photographer for PF.com... ;-)

And the woman who brought Hayley and Josh over to you was probably Melanie' date=' their tour manager...did she have blonde hair?[/quote']

theyre playing ernie ball tomorrow i believe i dunno actually i didnt ask lol..

And the woman who brought Hayley and Josh over to you was probably Melanie' date=' their tour manager...did she have blonde hair?[/quote']

theyre playing ernie ball tomorrow i believe i dunno actually i didnt ask lol..

Wow - if that's the case, I can't imagine they're happy with that...

^^ why? is it smaller? (i haven't gone to warped yet)

Yeah, it's much smaller. It's also usually set up off in like a side area away from the bulk of the stages - it's a pretty tiny stage.

It'd be really weird if they were playing Ernie Ball - they're too big for that, imo. However, Gym Class Heroes played a few dates on there before they got moved up to the larger stages at the start of Warped, so maybe Paramore was always booked for a few days on it as well...who knows?

Oh and did you get anything signed? Seems like you didn't talk to Jeremy huh?

nah jeremy was with the girl alot lol.. not a big deal tho.. and no i didnt get signed shit.. i was too busy being focused on what to say and what to do lol.. but august 22nd.. lol in rhode island i cant wait hahahaha..