9-2-06 San Francisco, CA

Lanizzle

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you think they're going to be able to hang out for very long? i mean they're supposed to be in anaheim the next day at like noonish for a performance. i remember AAR played in San Diego and then they had a show the next day in San Francisco so they left pretty early.

So, according to Tickets.com and Virtuous.com...

This show...

IS SOLD OUT! =]]]]

This is awesome, I'm so happy that so many people bought tickets, and that Paramore will be playing for a sold-out SF crowd =]

The only drawback, is that I hope I get to the show before everyone else. I'm getting there at Noon, so I hope not many other people will be crazy enough to wake up on their Saturday morning and get in line...

Just got back. Excellent show. I pretty missed everyone except for Paramore(showed up about 2 minutes before they went on). Everyone knows about the lantern intro so I will skip that.

I felt kind of bad for Hayley. It was obvious that she was struggling but she still tried her hardest(with smile and all). I admire that.

The set was similiar to what has been posted, but quite a few songs missing(I knew they weren't playing Brighter...but still it sucks <_< . I was really surprised that they did not play Emergency though. They ended with the extended "My Heart" per usual which was fuckin' great.

Slims itself was decent enough. It was hard to hear Hayley at times, and about only half the crowded seemed to care or even know who they were. And there were a lot of assholes that kept pushing me(im pretty sure it was on purpose) during their set. Moving was a obvious, yet troublesome with the crowd, solution.

Overall, I'd say it was worth the long trip. Didn't hear my favorite song...but giving Hayleys current condition, would rather wait until next time than for her to get hurt.

They played "Emergency", first song.

Ok, so my review..ish....AMAZING show. I had an amazing experience, it was so fun. Actually, extremely fun. I'm still blown away.

I arrived at about..1 PM. Got in line, saw the band, said hi. They seemed pretty busy so I didn't bug them too much, just chatted for a few seconds. I asked Hayley for a picture, and she said she had to go set up, but would come back for me later. She's so sweet, everytime I meet her.

So I had to get in another line for will-call, hung out with some cool people. Then Hayley came out, and I finally got my picture with her =]]]] It's really cute, and finally I got a picture with her, after seeing them live for my 3rd time.

So i get my tickets, then we get back in line, and a guy gets off the tourbus and starts asking us if anyones here for the M&G? I told him there was none, but he didn't seem to believe me. Anyway, I'm still confused about that, I don't think there was one...but someone said they offered M&G tickets to the orangevale crowd, for tonights show. Weird.

Anyway, I got in the show, and got 3rd row center. TP was pretty good. I didn't like HTL, and Cute was awesome, I was impressed. At the end, the drummer threw out his drumsticks and I FINALLY caught one! I was so happy haha, I never catch those things. The crowd was extremely rough and hot, it was crazy. One of the pushiest crowds I've been in.

Anyway, Hayley comes out with the lantern, and it starts. The crowd went INSANE it was so loud. I get pushed up to 2nd row center, so i'm extremely happy. She said San Francisco was in the running for best crowd this tour haha. It was sold out, and you could definitely tell. I noticed that Hayley looked at me a lot during the concert, especially when she put the microphone out to the crowd on "Whoa" . Hayley sounded awesome at first, but as the concert went on, her voice was going out, but the way she gives it her all, and belts it out..it's hard to even tell when she has her off-nights. I felt so sorry for her though. Someone yelled out "PLAY BRIGHTER!" and she said "well..I would, except It hurts to sing that song because of my vocal chords".

"Franklin" was amazing, they seriously have to play that song more often because it was the best Paramore performance I've ever heard I think.

At the beginning of it, Hayley said "Sing along..in case my voice cracks..hahaha".

She seemed really positive though, even with her voice not being in amazing shape.

One thing I noticed, is she couldn't hit the high notes such as "and it's been so long" in "My Heart". Speaking of My Heart, that ending is breathtaking. I got chills from it, it's just..wow. Can't even explain the emotion and energy Hayley puts out on that.

Anyway, the concert was spectacular. I was so happy to finally hear songs that they didn't play on all the opening-band tours, live.

Still, even with the shortened setlists, and her voice not being 100%, it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. The band has so much energy, and enjoys what they do so much. They work so hard, and it shows.

I see this being the first of MANY headlining tours.

I bought the new polo shirt, it's awesome. It's light blue, with a small dark blue "Paramore" logo on the left side. The collar has "Gangsta" in pink writing.

I also bought 2 posters(since they're 2 sided), and 2 carnations(one for you, Glo =])

Pictures (all 190 of them) will be coming next week, as i'm not at my house right now...but I got a LOT of good ones. Also, a small 16-second video of the "My Heart" ending.

anyway...amazing amazing amazing. I'm so impressed with them, and I wish them the best for the rest of this tour. I really hope Hayleys voice gets better, i'm worried a bit about that.

I'm off to bed, i'll be on in the morning to answer any questions about the concert =]

Great review...and I guess Hayley's voice isn't fully better...sigh...I'm guessing that only some extended time off is going to heal it...I just hope she makes it through the tour...and I really hope she's not at any risk of doing any permanent damage or anything like that...I would guess that she's not and that the doctors have told her it's ok to go out there and sing...but still, I feel so bad for her. I'd imagine it still hurts...yet she goes out there and gives it her all...all of them do - that's what makes them so great...

I'm really hoping Hayley will make it through the tour.

I'd hate to see any more shows cancelled or postponed =[

But, I wish the best of luck to her.

^Agreed.

It's so sad to know that she is still in pain, I thought that she was feelin all better after their time off. I know how much the band would hate to have to cancel any shows, but Hayley better not be risking any permanent damage to her voice by doing that. They really need some time off, hopefully after this tour they will have plenty of it.

great review :smile: arghhhh, i want that polo! can you take a picture of what it looks like?

Yeah I'll try to take a pic now, with my friends camera =]

I hope Hayleys voice can last for the rest of the tour also, she's so strong to be able to go out there and perform under those conditions.

and yesss Suzanne I caught his drumstick =] except, Cute's drummer wasn't there..the HTL drummer played for them for like..3 songs, and the rest were acoustic.

and yes, I had an amazing time.