The Academy Is

whatsername104

alright, just t let you know i'm horrible at writing them :P

It takes about 45 plus minutes to get to the masquerade from my house. Doors opened at 6:30 and we left around 5:40. We drove for about 15 minutes and realized that we had forgotten the tickets so we turned went back to my house to get the tickets and left again and 6:10. We started driving again and got to the venue at 7:00. A lot of people were already there so i went to the far left side of the venue hoping i could squeeze through some people to get a good spot (that didn't happen) .Sherwood was finishing up their set and i got to see them play 2 songs. I thought they were okay. While The Rocket Summer was setting up these 2 tall girls got RIGHT in my way (i'm really short) and started pushing everybody and just really being a pain, everybody was like "chill out you idiots". Then The Rocket Summer came on and i got a view between the 2 girls shoulders. I don't know that many songs from them but i know some and of course they didn't play any of the songs i knew XD.There was a LOT of pushing during there set but it was really good (i got flicked in the head SO many times by some girls hair, it was really pissing me off lol). While Armor for Sleep was setting up i thought that if i was going to see anything (and breathe) i should get away from the 2 annoying girls so i got out of the crowd and went right next to the speakers. This REALLY tall girl saw me and let me get in front of her so could see. Now i was in the 2nd row and very close to the barricade. Armor for Sleep came on and played a good set, a girl behind me was SCREAMING all the words to their songs right in my ear but i was doing the same thing to the person in front of me so it was okay :D. They kept saying how glad they were that TAI took them on tour with them, I thought it was sweet. After they finished playing EVERYBODY started coming close cause The Academy Is... were on next. I got VERYYY squished and i ended up right up RIGHT up against this guy, a girl, and a guy in a wheelchair. It seemed like it took FOREVER for them to come on but finally they did and everybody was going crazy. Everybody was jumping and singing (including myself) and just having a really great time. About half way through their set i was sweating VERY much, was exhausted, felt like was going to throw up/pass out but i kept dancing and singing. Towards the end of their set William said he wasn't feeling very well and thanked us for sitting through it. It didn't seem like he was sick cause he sang great and was energetic, i hope he feels better though.

They played (not in order):

Attention

Slow down

The Phrase That Pays

Black Mamba

Skeptics and True Believers

Down and Out

Classifieds

Checkmarks

Almost Here

Same Blood

LAX to O'Hare

We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands

Everything We Had

Neighbors

edit: and they played 40 steps which was amazing

and i know they played more but i can't think of their names at the moment (they were from santi and i don't know ALL the songs from santi)

sorry for writing so much XD

• 4 weeks later...