The Academy Is

whatsername104

i dont understand the whole "SANTI IS SEWWWWW HORRIBLE ALMOST HERE IS SO MUCH BETTER" mentality.

i wont lie, santi took like half a year to grow on me but no way is it horrible and shit. its actually really good and diverse. there are a few songs i dont like but there are a few that i consider pure genius.

but i saw them yesterday at warpeddd so good. i missed them, i havent listened to them in SOO long. but they always put on a good show. 4th time seeing them yay.

and they're touring with we the kings in the fall? i'm SO stoked.

^ im not dissing santi. it was a pretty good album, and it had to grown on me as well. of course santi may be better in some ways because they grew up alot musically after almost here. like with paramore i will always love the first album the most because thats what made me fall in love with them...same goes with TAI...

I'm investigating this

List of (Active) FBR/Decaydance Artists:

The Academy Is - Debut > Followup

The Cab - Only released one album

Cobra Starship - Followup > Debut

CIWWAF - Debut > Followup (For now)

Fall Out Boy - Debut > Followup (But I hate them all anyway)

Forgive Durden - Only released one album

Four Year Strong - Not released anything on Decaydance

Gym Class Heroes - Don't like, couldn't care

The Hush Sound - Not listened to enough to give an opinion

Lifetime - Only one album on FBR (Best stuff was pre-FBR though)

Panic at the Disco - Debut > Followup

Paramore - Followup > Debut (controversial?)

Phantom Planet - Only one album release on FBR

Powerspace - Only one album

This Providence - Only one album on FBR

Tyga - One album

On FBR, for me, it's pretty even really. So I wouldn't say most bands debuts are better, but a few are.

• 4 weeks later...

their new single 'about a girl' is really growing on me! i hope this new album is better than santi, i was quite dissapointed by santi after 'almost here', cuz that was a great album!!

Also in reply to an earlier post, bout the debut and follow up albums. CIWWAF followup is slightly > than debut i believe! haha just my opinion

Go on, tell me, who downloaded the leak?

Views?

I wish. I'm just really weird and I've never get the guts to do it. I always get a stomach ache or something like that when I've downloaded something that I'm technically not supposed to have yet.

But I know people who have and they say that its better than Santi... not as good as Almost Here. I'm probably going to agree come Tuesday.

After listening to a few of the new songs, I'm really excited about the new album, I think it's going to be a lot better than Santi. Don't get me wrong, I love Santi but all the songs just kind of run together in my opinion. Almost Here was fabulous. Can't wait for Fast Times :) I shall buy it.

Oh and by the way, I was reading seventeen magazine today and apparently TAI is good to listen to when you have PMS hahaha. Just thought I'd share that with everyone.

Yeah, it leaked... and because it did TAI put the whole album up on their myspace for your legal listening pleasure until the day it comes out where you can rightfully buy it.

I personally like Bill's new sound. I think his voice has gotten so much stronger and the music itself sounds awesome to me. I dont really know the technical stuff when it comes to music, but my ears seem to like it. haha. I also think its lyrically beautiful. Becks definitely has a way with words.

Favorites on the album would have to be The Test, Crowded Room, After the Last Midtown Show, and One More Weekend.